TPG Community

Get online support

5g home internet certain apps will not work

lilyhe29
Level 2

Recently signed up to TPG home 5g internet in Apr 2024, was sent the Nokia Fastmile modem 

As soon as my mobile is connected to the home 5g Wifi, several apps will stop working, just will not load at all

These include: Realestate, caresales, weatherzone, Adelaide bank app

Whatsapp also informs me that it's being "blocked" and switching to mobile data instead 

As as soon as I turn off mobile wifi, and use mobile data, everything goes back to working 100%

Never had this issue before, this is obviously the new 5g internet blocking these apps.

please help! 

4 REPLIES 4
shaunf69
Level 3

IPv6 problems, that many of us are experiencing.

Put another router in between the TPG 5G modem and your devices, and disable IPv6 on it. Turn wifi off the 5G modem, and go through the new router. And all will be perfect. I'm weeks into a support call about this, I hope i get as far as network ops to get an explanation as to why they've let this go on for so long.

leigh8888
Level 2
Got the same issue. I'm with Vodafone and have the Sagecom modem.

Interesting to hear the Nokia has the same issue...

Don't really want to spend a hundred bucks on another router just to fix this issue for them.

Should be getting NBN available shortly so thinking I'll just switch to a fixed line.
Ahra_G

Hi @lilyhe29,

Please send us a private message and we'll help get this sorted. 

-Ahra_G

Greyhound
Level 2
I am having the exact same issue as this. Extremely frustrating. Hope there is a solution which does not entail getting another router as you suggest.