ADSL Installation Fail

tzerbst1985
Level 2

I moved house a month ago and couldn't continue my cable service with Telstra as there was no availability in the area I moved to. I signed up with TPG and scheduled the installation for a day a few weeks away when I could manage a day off work to be home.

Tech didn't show up and I didn't get a call until half an hour before the time window expired - this was a Friday. They told me they would reschedule for the following Tuesday and didn't really give me an option to ask for a different day or time. So that was one complete day off work for no reason.

I didn't receive an email confirming the rescheduled date, so I just assumed it was going ahead. I received a kind of nonsensical text message on Monday night saying that the time window for the install would be between 1pm - 5pm (I think? It was hard to tell).  I had taken another day off work to be home for the install. I went out briefly at 12 and of course, the tech phoned me while I was out. I could barely hear or understand what she was saying - I think she was asking where the MDF is (if it's the box I think it is, it is CLEARLY visible as soon as you walk onto the property - you have to walk past it to get to my unit). I got back around 1pm (the beginning of the time window) and lo and behold, no internet, no tech, no email or text message telling me what was going on.  I called TPG to ask what was going on and was told that there was nothing they could do until the time window expired because the install status was still at "in progress." Of course, by the time the time window expired, the call centre was closed.

I've taken two days off in two weeks from my full time job and I still have no internet connection and no communication from TPG telling me what on earth is going on. I figured posting here was the best option because I can't seem to get answers anywhere else and I'm beyond frustrated.

3 REPLIES 3
Will

Hi @tzerbst1985

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry about the inconvenience that this has caused. I managed to check your account using your community details, to have a better understanding on what's going on.

Our records show that you have already spoken to a Provisioning Case Manager about this yesterday.  They have raised this to Telstra for investigation as to why the technician arrived earlier than the agreed appointment time.

You will be notified by our Provisioning Team once an update or a new appointment is available.

If you require our assistance further, please let us know.

Regards,

tzerbst1985
Level 2

@Will wrote:

Hi @tzerbst1985

You will be notified by our Provisioning Team once an update or a new appointment is available.

Hi @Will - thanks for your reply. 

I was led to believe that a new appointment is going to take another 10-20 working days because the install request has to be withdrawn and then resubmitted. I'm sure you can understand why I find that completely unacceptable. I look forward to a better solution being offered.

Will

Hi @tzerbst1985

I have requested for your Provisioning Case Manager to provide you an update. I can see that you've been contacted and that you didn't agree with the new appointment date. From what I can tell it has been re-escalated  back to Telstra to try and get an earlier appointment. Once an update is available, you will be contacted by your Case Manager directly.

Feel free to message us if you need our assistance.

Regards,