TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ Installation No show and no updates from customer service, slow speed after connected

lunakachun
Level 2

The customer service of TPG is extremely ghastly and unacceptable at any standard.

The email regarding service installation listed clearly the installation was set to complete on 8am-12noon on Feb 12, 2019. I skipped the morning for work as said I should wait for the tech guy to set my internet up.

I called on 12noon to the customer hotline as no technician showed up, the operator said she would escalate the issue and had the "manager" called back soon. 2 hours later, I got no phone calls whatsoever from TPG. Therefore I called again at 2pm and requested a direct communication with the so-called 'manager'.The manager just gave me default answers and said the installation status should have been updated by 8:30pm. The thing is your email stated clearly that the installation should have been completed by 12noon, but I got no updates from anybody.

Every operator and the manager tried to sell me the idea that the installation may have happened outside my apartment and the tech guy didn't need to come inside. I asked them then who should configure my modem-router and the result was transferring me to tech support so that I can set up myself. While I'm talking to tech support, the operator even thought I got the TPG-standard router which is definitely not my case! why does TPG check with my identity for each of the calls but in fact no one is looking at my profile while serving me?

All the operators and the manager agreed to 'monitor' my account and gave me a call about any updates of my installation. By the time this was typed, 20:56 Feb 12, 2019, the installation status still shows "in progress". To me, your customer service is nothing but filled with liars.

I tried to connect to TPG network after calling tech support, who advised that "maybe it's done but they haven't updated yet". I'm able to go on the internet following the steps, but the speed is extremely slow. It's definitely not the speed they claimed during installation.

TPG official speedtest: http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/c37140f0-2ead-11e9-b8c9-5559c77a0e81

This is the first time I sign up with an ISP since I moved to Australia. I would not recommend TPG to anybody even if its service is free, because TPG is a company that cannot deliver its promises. No trust built whatsoever.

9 REPLIES 9
30536gonzalesst
Level 2

I have extremely the same problem with you, feel very disappointed on TPG. 

Btw, how did you configure the modem yourself?

Will

Hi @lunakachun

Welcome to the Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

Using your community details, I was able to locate your account. Although, it seems that you are able to get a connection at the moment, your service has not yet been fully installed by a Telstra technician.

I have arranged for a call back from our Provisioning Team to discuss with you in detail on the progress of your ADSL installation. Please expect the call before 3PM VIC today on the mobile number that we have on our records.

Should you need to provide a different contact number or if you prefer a different time for a call back, please send me a PM providing your details. In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Hi @30536gonzalesst

Welcome to the Community!

I was able to pull up your account using your community details. I can see that you have spoken to our Provisioning team yesterday. I have advised the assigned Provisioning Case Manager to contact you before 5PM QLD today using the mobile number we have on file to provide you an update.

If you wish to provide a different contact number or change the time of call back, send me a PM. For reference, you may refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

To set up the TPG-provided modem, you may follow this:  How to set up your TP-Link TD-W9970 modem for ADSL2+

Regards,

superapple
Level 2

I have same problem here. TPG assigned me 13/Feb afternoon to install my ADSL 2+, but I didn't have internet until now (15/Feb noon). A customer service staff told me that Telstra somehow failed to install my internet on the give date. If TPG could provide their service as quickly as how they charged my initial fees, I'd be convinced about their service quality.

Especially, it was unfair that we have to pay cancellation fee in the case that TPG failed to deliver their promise. I don't care that you take Telstra as an excuse or not, because that's your problem not mine! If you DO believe that's Telstra who gave you this awkward position, you should ask Telstra for my cancellation fee.

Will

Hi @superapple

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that the installation process wasn't a pleasant experience for you. I was hoping to check the history of your installation to see what transpired, however, I can't find a confirmed match of your account using your community details.

If you still have some concerns that we can look into, would you be able to send us a PM providing your TPG username or customer ID? You may check this link for reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Hi @superapple

Thank you for providing your information via PM. I'm now able to pull up your account.

I can see that there's an assigned Provisioning Case Manager and that he has already spoken to you an hour ago regarding your service installation.

Regards,

superapple
Level 2

Hi Will,

It was a typically official answer: TPG is waiting for Telstra, so nothing was solved. This provisioning case manage told me that my installation should be a remote installation, that is, the techincian of Telstra just need simply configure some numbers with Telstra exchange/server. I just want to know why such an installation could be a time concuming work. It makes no sence to me.

Regards,

superapple

Will

Hi @superapple

I'm sorry to hear that the response given to you wasn't what you're hoping for.

I checked your records on my end and I can tell that the order is still pending at this point. I don't have any additional update from Telstra that I can provide you at the moment. I will request for the assigned Provisioning Case Manager to look into the matter and to contact you for any available update. Please expect a call back before 8PM SA today.

Regards,

superapple
Level 2

Hi Will,

My case manager contacted me minutes ago. He updated my second installation date with TPG, i.e. Telstra. Thanks for your help. Let's see what happens.

Regards,

superapple