TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB internet is working but phone is not working

Shahunja
Level 2

Hi there, 

My home phone is not working, the light at the front of the modem (TPG supplied new Modem, Tp_link VX5400) is also not showing, internet (FTTB) is fine. 

My phone was OK and I made calls. But today suddenly I found the phone is dead and the 'Phone' light on the modem is also OFF. My handset is OK. I tried with restarting the modem, restarting the handset, and changing the phone cable, but none worked. I called the technical support team and they checked from their end and found everything OK. They advised me to reset the modem. I reset the modem but still nothing changed.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, 

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Let us see what causing the home phone not to work and get to the bottom of this. Could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial assessment.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi there, 

My home phone is not working, the light at the front of the modem (TPG supplied new Modem, Tp_link VX5400) is also not showing, internet (FTTB) is fine. 

My phone was OK and I made calls. But today suddenly I found the phone is dead and the 'Phone' light on the modem is also OFF. My handset is OK. I tried with restarting the modem, restarting the handset, and changing the phone cable, but none worked. I called the technical support team and they checked from their end and found everything OK. They advised me to reset the modem. I reset the modem but still nothing changed.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, 

Flatwhitefilly
Level 2

I'm having the same issue. The internet is fine but our VOIP home phone is not working.

Shahunja
Level 2

Yup, I think its become a common problem. So, whats the solution? Regards

Shane

One of the possible reason of VoIP issues is the modem settings that needs to be update remotely by our technical team.

Send us your details so we can perform initial test to better understand the situation.

Regards,