TPG Community

Get online support

Moving Home - TPG ADSL2+ Activation

Scrooge
Level 2

Hello,

Here I am again - 6 days later and still no ADSL2+ Service Activation from TPG.

I'm continuing to have a very unsatisfactory experience with my ADSL2+ activation at my new home, following a move of house.

It's now 8 days after my new home phone number was installed by Telstra, and, despite numerous assurances from TPG that I would have internet services activated within 3-5 days of Telstra activation, I almost at the end of aother week with no ADSL2+ service at my new home.

I have done countless calls to TPG and to Telstra, initially to verify that my new phone number was 'activated', including on the Telstra Flex Stream Database, and then had multiple assurances that it was from Telstra that it was, and then from TPG that all was in order to activate my ADSL2+ service.

I was the one doing the calling to both Telstra and TPG for what should be such a simple service provider to service provider handover process.

Over 12 hours on the phone to TPG attempting to manage my Moving Home process, tens of emails that seemed to disappear into a vortex, conversations and assurances with numerous people, all promising to help (but still not got my service), and a different person every time I called back, so every time it was a minimum 5 minute authentification process then 10 minutes of 'service issue history' to retell, (and apparantly some TPG staff failed to make notes on the file following interactions, which further frustrated the processes) in the past 1-2 weeks, and ~14 hours with Telstra as well, I'm very unhappy that I still do not have fulfilment!

I now want to know why, despite assurances that the ADSL2+ service would be activated within 3-5 days of phone line activation, I still - after now nearly 8 days - still have not had TPG complete my ADSL2+ activation?

I've been on the phone again this morning with TPG Moving Home staff, but they are remotely located and seemed to be experiencing systems issues (from their remote location) and no-one seems to be able to tell me when my ADSL2+ service will be activated ... its just been such an awful and extremely time consuming experience ... with so much wasted time!

HELP?  

4 REPLIES 4
Scrooge
Level 2

Hi,

I have had a response from TPG 'Moving Home team' and it seems it will be 3-5 more days until I get my ADSL2+ service activated.

I'm in the hands of TPG's technical people - I hope they get it right this time!

It does seem amazing to me that such a basic service installation process should become so complicated, so frustrating and so time consuming (for me!) ...

Fingers crossed then!

luisc

Hi

Apologies for the inconvenient,

The times shows are based on normal times no on Covid period.

Let me check your internet account and see what is going on there.

Thanks

luisc

Hi,

My records shows that TPG customer service has contacted you by email about the service

Thanks

Scrooge
Level 2

Thanks - I have been contacted and expectations for a successful delivery outcome for my ADSL2+ service have been set, and I hope that the outcome is achieved.

I understand that COVID-19 has presented challenges to some operational aspects of TPG's business, particularly the contact infrastructures, but as Australia is now virtually COVID-19 free, and normal in-country service delivery expectations are being restored - with 1st June a key date in that 'opening up 'post COVID' process - I will be very disappointed if my ADSL2+ service is not restored in the next few days.

There should now be no excuse for what should be a basic service delivery outcome of a bread and butter product - an ADSL2+ service delivered - for a company like TPG in Australia.

If my ADSL2+ internet service is not restored in the next few days - which will essentially be up to 14 days (~10 working days) to activate an ADSL2+ service after Telstra installed my phone connection - serious questions would be appropriately asked about TPG's service delivery models.  

I'm hopeful questions will not need to be asked!

I hope to get my service in the next day or two!