TPG Community

Get online support

30 day notice for Cancellation of account

aeinase
Level 2

After being a long time TPG user, I finally decide to move on to another provider and try them out. I called TPG today for the same, as I've ported out of TPG and want my account with TPG closed. A simple process in my opinion.

But, I only learned then from the customer service team member that according to TPG terms and conditions, there's supposed to be a 30 day notice from me to close my No-Contract account. I've never seen this before, and nobody from TPG mentioned to me of this during the start or renewal of my contract. 

I've never come across this absurb policy before with any of my previous providers, as they let me move out hassle-free, as no-contract should mean I can move out whenever I want.

It is really unfair as to why I was not told about this, and also if I'm not under any contract, why the 30 days notice? I've already moved my NBN to a different provider. So TPG gonna charge me for a month for nothing?

I hope to get some help regarding this 30 day notice requirement, which I find totally unfair.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @aeinase,

As part of our cancellation process, you are required to provide us at least 30 days notice prior to your cancellation date and the service has to be paid up to the end of the notice period.

I suggest to raise this to our Cancellation Team directly via return email to get real-time update.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

After being a long time TPG user, I finally decide to move on to another provider and try them out. I called TPG today for the same, as I've ported out of TPG and want my account with TPG closed. A simple process in my opinion.

But, I only learned then from the customer service team member that according to TPG terms and conditions, there's supposed to be a 30 day notice from me to close my No-Contract account. I've never seen this before, and nobody from TPG mentioned to me of this during the start or renewal of my contract. 

I've never come across this absurb policy before with any of my previous providers, as they let me move out hassle-free, as no-contract should mean I can move out whenever I want.

It is really unfair as to why I was not told about this, and also if I'm not under any contract, why the 30 days notice? I've already moved my NBN to a different provider. So TPG gonna charge me for a month for nothing?

I hope to get some help regarding this 30 day notice requirement, which I find totally unfair.

Regards