TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

ACCC nbn refund

Level 1b
I've phoned and emailed a number of times about my refund but have heard nothing further since changing my plan. I was told to reply to the initial email advising I had changed plans and that they would be in touch asking how I would like my refund processed. I have done this and also requested a call back from a supervisor. Nobody has communicated. I was told the refund would be processed "sometime in April". Has anybody has the same issue? I noticed some people on here have received there refunds already.
6 REPLIES
Level 1b
*their... sorry

Hi @annalisajewell

I believe you were provided with 3 options.

• Remain on current Speed Plan with no credit/refund
  • Downgrade to lower Speed Plan, receive credit/refund
  • Cancel the service due to NBN Speeds, receive credit/refund and waived/refunded early termination fee

If you downgrade your plan to one with lower price but the same speed then it is not considered as a downgrade according to the options given.

Did you reply to the e-mail you received?

Kind regards,

Joseph D

Level 1b
Hi Joseph, on the first phone call I made I was provided the option to drop from the 99.95/mth plan to the 89.95/mth plan then told to reply to the email. On the next phone call I made I was told the 89.95 plan was not okay and I asked to speak to a supervisor. A supervisor was unavailable and I was asked if they could phone me. I agreed. No one called. I changed my plan online and have replied to the ACCC email twice now with no response.

Hi @annalisajewell,

I understand. In order for you to receive a refund, you would need to downgrade your plan to one with lower speed.

I will have someone contact you directly to provide further assistance.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

Level 1b
Thanks Joseph, I spoke to one of your agents this afternoon. I'll wait to see the outcome of this discussion before closing this thread as resolved. Thanks again for your assistance.

@annalisajewell

No worries. We've arranged to have someone assist you with the change of plan. They will contact you within the day.

Kind regards,

Joseph D