ACCC nbn refund

annalisajewell
Level 2
I've phoned and emailed a number of times about my refund but have heard nothing further since changing my plan. I was told to reply to the initial email advising I had changed plans and that they would be in touch asking how I would like my refund processed. I have done this and also requested a call back from a supervisor. Nobody has communicated. I was told the refund would be processed "sometime in April". Has anybody has the same issue? I noticed some people on here have received there refunds already.
8 REPLIES 8
annalisajewell
Level 2
*their... sorry
Joseph_D

Hi @annalisajewell

I believe you were provided with 3 options.

• Remain on current Speed Plan with no credit/refund
  • Downgrade to lower Speed Plan, receive credit/refund
  • Cancel the service due to NBN Speeds, receive credit/refund and waived/refunded early termination fee

If you downgrade your plan to one with lower price but the same speed then it is not considered as a downgrade according to the options given.

Did you reply to the e-mail you received?

Kind regards,

Joseph D

annalisajewell
Level 2
Hi Joseph, on the first phone call I made I was provided the option to drop from the 99.95/mth plan to the 89.95/mth plan then told to reply to the email. On the next phone call I made I was told the 89.95 plan was not okay and I asked to speak to a supervisor. A supervisor was unavailable and I was asked if they could phone me. I agreed. No one called. I changed my plan online and have replied to the ACCC email twice now with no response.
Joseph_D

Hi @annalisajewell,

I understand. In order for you to receive a refund, you would need to downgrade your plan to one with lower speed.

I will have someone contact you directly to provide further assistance.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

annalisajewell
Level 2
Thanks Joseph, I spoke to one of your agents this afternoon. I'll wait to see the outcome of this discussion before closing this thread as resolved. Thanks again for your assistance.
Joseph_D

@annalisajewell

No worries. We've arranged to have someone assist you with the change of plan. They will contact you within the day.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

Kewwi
Level 2

I am having the same issue.  I have been told several different times, eventually being told the 4th May.  that came and went and then I was advised that I had not been included in the first batch but would be included in the second. When asked when that would be I was told that it would be before the end of May.  Of course, it is now the end of May and they tell me today they don't know when the next batch is going out.

Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, Kewwi.

As advised, we are processing the refund in batches, but it will be processed anytime soon.

We can see that this issue has been escalated to our Complaints Resolution Team and we will make another follow up.

Again, we're sorry if we are unable to provide the refund on the estimated time frame, but please be assured that we continue in chasing this matter and will have the case manager contact you as soon as new update becomes available.