TPG Community

Get online support

Am I getting charged if there's an issue with my ADSL "active" installation?

ksoponvijit
Level 2

Hi,

I'd like to know if I'd start being charged if I got an email from TPG that says my ADSL installation is active but there are still issues with my installation that hinders me from using the internet. In my case, I've been informed by technical support that it's something TPG has to sort out to Telstra first in order for the connection to reach my unit (I live in a building.)

I just want to make sure that I'm not being charged until I have a working internet access from TPG.

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
ksoponvijit
Level 2

I've been told by a TPG staff that I started getting billed since yesterday even if I cannot use the internet. He said it's not TPG's responsibility if TPG already connected to MDF and it doesn't reach my unit but my or strata's resposibility which I think is unfair since TPG is aware no connection is coming in from my premise. He also said that the technician will come in to check and if he can fix I'll be charged for it which is definitely not what I'm going to allow. I'd rather cancel than getting a lot of overhead costs even though I know the previous tenant also used TPG. Please come back to me with a more agreeable resolution, otherwise I'd rather cancel. Thanks.

Riezl

Hi @ksoponvijit, we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team and a technician has been booked for MDF Jumpering.

As you may be aware, we will deliver your service to the network boundary point of your Premises. This network boundary point is either:

• Your first telephone socket - this applies mainly for standalone premises like a house
  • The Main Distribution Frame (MDF). This is a small telecommunications room within your premises. This applies mainly for apartments, office blocks or larger business premises. In some cases, you may need to contact your building management to arrange access to it. You should not rely on our contractors to have a key to this room
  • A network termination device which is a Telstra box externally mounted a single dwelling

In your case, it's the Main Distribution Frame (MDF). TPG is responsible to deliver the service to the first side of the MDF (the 'A' side). Any wiring that is missing to connect to the other side of the MDF (the 'B' side) and into the building is the customer's responsibility and requires a technician. TPG can arrange for a field service technician to do this for you for an additional charge.

We can see that the service has been installed and activated, but we will request the case engineer to assess a billing adjustment as soon as the issue is resolved.

Our Engineering Team is closely monitoring the account and will be in touch as soon as the final report from the TPG Technician is received.

Should you have further queries, please let us know. Thank you.

ksoponvijit
Level 2

Hi Riezl,

From my experience with the technician today, I decided to cancel the service with TPG. Could you please arrange for someone to call me so I can cancel? Thanks.

Riezl

We regret to know that you've decided to cancel the service, but we are still determined to check what can be done to turn this experience around if you could give us a chance, @ksoponvijit.

We will have an Escalation Officer contact you as soon as possible to discuss the matter.

Shane

Hi @ksoponvijit,

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers and provided the fault's case progress. We'll keep an eye on this. Rest assured update will be provided where is possible.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

ksoponvijit
Level 2

Hi,

Someone from TPG called me yesterday, saying the connection to my premise is already reserved by CommBank and Woolies nearby my building and said I might not be able to use the service at all. I double checked last night and I still cannot use the internet. What is the the recourse for this? If I was to cancel, I believe I should be fully refunded for all the charges billed since I relocate because it is definitely not fair for me to burden all costs from this fiasco.

The person calling also told me he'll call back in the morning but I still haven't heard back from him so could you please resolve this asap? It's been frustrating for me enough not to be able to use internet for almost a whole month. Thank you.

Erika

Hi @ksoponvijit

Apologies for the trouble. 

I've now chased this case for you and has requested for a call back to be made as soon as possible. 

Erika

Hi @ksoponvijit

I understand that one of our Engineers has been in touch. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

ksoponvijit
Level 2
Hi,

Please explain why I am being charged for $21.99 "jumpering fee" when it has already been known that TPG cannot provide service to my premise? And I'm not even being informed by anyone from TPG that this will be billed against me otherwise I would have never given consent to it.

Please explain to me why this is happening as if my experience with TPG has not been terrible enough and arrange for a refund asap. Thank you.