TPG Community

Get online support

Bad Customer Service

rohit026
Level 2

I am moving my apartment in the same street and I know for sure that both the building have same NBN technology.

The customer service team initially told me that you can use the same modem but then said both buildings have different technology and you must purchase a new modem.

The modem they sent me is the same model as the old one and when I confront them on call they tell me that the modems look same but inside they are different.

1) Do you really need to sell modems by lying to meet your sales targets

2) why are you adding to environment degradation by forcibly selling new modems and letting the old yet properly working modems add to the landfill.

3) Customer is not a fool so atleast be honest if they are using your services.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @rohit026,

The modem/router we provide may be the same model and same brand however in the different NBN Technology requires different modem/router settings.

To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I am moving my apartment in the same street and I know for sure that both the building have same NBN technology.

The customer service team initially told me that you can use the same modem but then said both buildings have different technology and you must purchase a new modem.

The modem they sent me is the same model as the old one and when I confront them on call they tell me that the modems look same but inside they are different.

1) Do you really need to sell modems by lying to meet your sales targets

2) why are you adding to environment degradation by forcibly selling new modems and letting the old yet properly working modems add to the landfill.

3) Customer is not a fool so atleast be honest if they are using your services.