TPG Community

Get online support

Cancel my service at the right date and delete my credit card detail!!!!

mollim
Level 2

Just want to write my recent experience here with TPG

I first got their service because the tenet who last live here is using their service so she transfer her ownership to me.

Otherwise, I would not use TPG at allllll!!!

I am moving out this apt on 10 Dec, therefore I called them on 28 Nov to cancel my plan in advance just so that I don't forget to do that later when I leave the country for 2 months. They transfered me to multiple person during my call, and I emphasised a million times that I would still need to use the internet until 10 Dec. The last person tell me I need to pay the 30 days notice fee, and it will be debited around 8 Dec at my next billing cycle. She told me that my my service will be till 28 Dec, and ask if i want to cancel my account now (28 Nov) or on 10 Dec. I asked her what is the difference between now and then. She told me there will be no difference, that's why I decided to cancel it on 28 Nov. She told me she already sent a request for cancellation.

On 29 Nov I recieved a cancellation email.

On 30 Nov, my internet was disconnected and my 30 day notice fee was debited!! I was speechless.

I called them that night asking to reconnect my internet. They told me the old account has already been cancelled, so I need to open a new account and pay for a month in advance. I told them this is purely their fault and I shouldn't pay extra for their staffs' issue. They told me they can refund me the first month payment and that when I cancel my new account I don't need to pay 30 days notice.

Therefore, I opened a new account and made a mistake by giving them my credit card number. 

On 2 Dec, I called them three times for refund progress, all three person deliberately hung up my phone after hearing my inqury.

Now, I don't know if I should call them to cancel my new plan, since they could simply just cancel my internet immediate and still charge me more even though I ask them I need the service till 10 Dec.

I also want to ask to switch my credit card detail to direct debit so that I can have more control of my money.

I already reported this issue to ACCC and TIO.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @mollim

We will treat this as complaint, let us help sort this out and coordinate this with our Accounts Team. To better understand the situation, could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial assessment. 

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Just want to write my recent experience here with TPG

I first got their service because the tenet who last live here is using their service so she transfer her ownership to me.

Otherwise, I would not use TPG at allllll!!!

I am moving out this apt on 10 Dec, therefore I called them on 28 Nov to cancel my plan in advance just so that I don't forget to do that later when I leave the country for 2 months. They transfered me to multiple person during my call, and I emphasised a million times that I would still need to use the internet until 10 Dec. The last person tell me I need to pay the 30 days notice fee, and it will be debited around 8 Dec at my next billing cycle. She told me that my my service will be till 28 Dec, and ask if i want to cancel my account now (28 Nov) or on 10 Dec. I asked her what is the difference between now and then. She told me there will be no difference, that's why I decided to cancel it on 28 Nov. She told me she already sent a request for cancellation.

On 29 Nov I recieved a cancellation email.

On 30 Nov, my internet was disconnected and my 30 day notice fee was debited!! I was speechless.

I called them that night asking to reconnect my internet. They told me the old account has already been cancelled, so I need to open a new account and pay for a month in advance. I told them this is purely their fault and I shouldn't pay extra for their staffs' issue. They told me they can refund me the first month payment and that when I cancel my new account I don't need to pay 30 days notice.

Therefore, I opened a new account and made a mistake by giving them my credit card number. 

On 2 Dec, I called them three times for refund progress, all three person deliberately hung up my phone after hearing my inqury.

Now, I don't know if I should call them to cancel my new plan, since they could simply just cancel my internet immediate and still charge me more even though I ask them I need the service till 10 Dec.

I also want to ask to switch my credit card detail to direct debit so that I can have more control of my money.

I already reported this issue to ACCC and TIO.