TPG Community

Get online support

Cancellation and refund

tempererer
Level 2

Regarding cancellation and refund.

I have attempted repeatedly since november 2021 to cancel my account with a previous address. Each time i have called (five times in the last month alone) i have been told the cancellation request is pending and the refund along with it. It has been months and months waiting for this to go through and each time I've called i've been told it has been 'escalated'. Escalated to what? I have had multiple TPG representatives confirm that it is happening but nothing. This has not been dealt with in a timely manner at all and i am strongly considering 1. calling the ACCC because of the sheer laziness of TPG in giving me my money back and cancelling this thing and 2. getting my partner to cancel her own TPG account as this does not bode well for anyone else attempting to do the same. 

I am SICK of being fobbed off and told to wait patiently. It has been nearly five months. What. Is. Going. On. 

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

HI @tempererer,

Very concerning to hear your issues are still ongoing.

Sounds like this situation may benefit from being escalated internally to reach a resolution. Any chance you could post back a reference number or your Customer ID/username via private message to locate your account so we can lodge for an escalated point of contact and  begin the steps in our escalation process?

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Regarding cancellation and refund.

I have attempted repeatedly since november 2021 to cancel my account with a previous address. Each time i have called (five times in the last month alone) i have been told the cancellation request is pending and the refund along with it. It has been months and months waiting for this to go through and each time I've called i've been told it has been 'escalated'. Escalated to what? I have had multiple TPG representatives confirm that it is happening but nothing. This has not been dealt with in a timely manner at all and i am strongly considering 1. calling the ACCC because of the sheer laziness of TPG in giving me my money back and cancelling this thing and 2. getting my partner to cancel her own TPG account as this does not bode well for anyone else attempting to do the same. 

I am SICK of being fobbed off and told to wait patiently. It has been nearly five months. What. Is. Going. On. 

tempererer
Level 2

So that private message fobbed me off to wait for a call. Turns out that call never happened! Customer service is incredible /s.

Seriously. Either solve it within the next 5 days or lose two customers. This has gone from absurd to extremely rude and unprofessional. 

Angeli

Hi @tempererer,

We'll chase this up with our Cancel Team and have an officer to contact you at the soonest time today. Apologies for the delay. 

Regards, 

Angeli

tempererer
Level 2

So absolutely NOTHING has been done. At all. No phone call. No updates. No emails. No refund. Nothing. 

What the hell is happening. Give. Me. My. Money. Back. 

Now.

None of this has occurred in a timely manner. There has been 0 correspondence. There has been 0 transparency. 
The ACCC has been informed about this. Action this NOW.

Shane

We understand that our Accounts Team has reached you earlier today and provided details of service termination and refund. 

So absolutely NOTHING has been done. At all. No phone call. No updates. No emails. No refund. Nothing. 

What the hell is happening. Give. Me. My. Money. Back. 

Now.

None of this has occurred in a timely manner. There has been 0 correspondence. There has been 0 transparency. 
The ACCC has been informed about this. Action this NOW.