TPG Community

Get online support

Cancelling my ADSL 2+ Service

agromann
Level 2

Hi,

We have moved.
It made no sense to move the ADSL2+ service from told address to the new one because NBN is estimated for tomorrow.
I have activated a new account / plan with TPG and the old telephone/ADSL line at the old address must be cancelled as we have vacated and the new owners will be moving in.

I spent a LONG time on the phone yesterday trying to get this done and, AFTER A LONG TIME where someone tried to keep me with TPG when I wasn't actually leaving TPG, was informed that I had to do this in writing and that they would send me information; which they never did.
I suggest you review the approach to managing telephone calls, customer service, probvide an actual cancellation form and check the listening abilities of your customer service managers because I explained all the above and she still didn't understand why I wanted to cancel.
I like TPG in general. Staff are generally effective and call back fast but the waiting times and call lengths are untenable (ca 50 minutes yesterday to sign a new plan and try and fail at cancelling the old one) and your customer service managers "hear but DO NOT Listen".

Also, kindly note that I do neither need nor want a call from a sales or customer service manager to keep me on the service.

Please cancel my old account or send me the form.

Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @agromann ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

It is disappointing to read such feedback; nonetheless, we will review your recent interactions with our support staff as part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience.

We'll be happy to process your request to cancel the old account without you needing to fill out a cancellation form. You will receive an email notification from our Accounts Team once your request has been finalised.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Angeli

agromann
Level 2
Thank you!
Please ensure that the old ADSL2+ account and plan against this user ID are cancelled only.

Note that I think you simply need to make this easier and provide a form.

Thanks again,

Axel.
Angeli

Hi @agromann

The cancellation of your old service is now in progress and an email notification will be sent out to you once it has been finalised. 

We also appreciate your feedback on this matter and will have this utilised to further improve our service. 

Regards, 

Angeli