TPG Community

Get online support

Charging me money even after disabled my internet then refused to give me refund?

leonardo
Level 2

I have cancelled my internet from TPG during August due to its slow internet speed. My internet was cancelled and my whole house did not have any internet for the next 2 days before I went onto the next internet provider.

I then realised in October that TPG still charged me for the past 2 months, I went through the phone and called again to cancel the internet, again, the lady through the phone promised that it is cancelled. 

2 days ago, TPG again charged me 60 dollars. Now in total TPG charged me $180 dollars while not even providing me with any internet!

I have asked for a refund but the reply was there was not any call history found that asked to cancel the network, and refused to give me a refund. But my internet just went down for 2 days for no reason???

I would like my $180 dollars back.

My customer ID is XXXXXX

*Note: Post edited to hide the customer ID.

19 REPLIES 19
Will

Hi @leonardo 

Welcome to the Community!

I used your community details to pull up your account and review your case. From what I gathered, although you may have switched to another provider, you were not able to advise us about cancelling your account hence why the account remained active and the billing continued. Nonetheless, I have forwarded your concern to our Escalations Team. They'll be the one to reach out to you via email or phone call.

As for your internet service that isn't working at the moment, you may need to contact your current ISP.

Regards,

Will

leonardo
Level 2

Before I could switch to the new provider, I needed to buy a new modem because the TPG modem as locked to TPG's internet.

So before I went off to buy the new modem, I tried to continued to use TPG's internet with TPG's modem but I couldn't. There wasn't any internet provided by TPG. Which proved that internet was stopped for me and I did actually cancelled the internet.

Ahra_G

Hi @leonardo

The TPG supplied modem for our NBN services are configured and encrypted for the use of our NBN homephone. As for the internet feature, you can still use the said modem so long as you are able to configure it with the correct authentication details provided by your ISP. 

I have since sent a follow up to the officer assigned in the cancellation of your service. We'll be in touch again as soon as an update becomes available. 

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_g

Ahra_G

Hi @leonardo

The cancellation of your service has now been finalised. An email from the assigned officer has also been sent with all the necessary information regarding the cancellation. 

Feel free to reply to the said email should you have further queries. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

leonardo
Level 2

Hi, I only received the $59.99 refund for one month, where is the other 2 months?

Will

Hi @leonardo,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to learn that you haven't received an update yet. I have already sent a follow up regarding the refund. Please allow 24-48 hours for a feedback.

Regards,

Will

Will

Hi @leonardo,

A refund of $119.98 has been processed already. Let me know if you still have other concerns.

Imchewyok
Level 2

They are doing exactly the same to me!

They have not provided internet for 4 months but to my dismay they have continued to debit my bank account

They say it was never cancelled but why did they stop providing internet if this was the case?

They have offered me one month reimbursement but that is not acceptable.

Waiting on a call from a "supervisor" it's already 2 days since I logged the issue and they said it may be 48 hours before a "supervisor" could call me back

Looks like I may have to log with the Telecomunications Ombudsman?

We'll see what TPG "customer service"come back with

Riezl

We are sorry to know that you are having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you, @Imchewyok.

We have located an account using your community details, but we'd like to make sure that we got the right one.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can verify the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community