TPG Community

Get online support

Digital security certificate cannot be verified!

steveyoung
Level 2

Urgent enquiry about TPG EMAILgetting error message:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate the cannot be verified.

Issued to MAIL.WONDERCOM.COM.AU   ????????

Also expired 7/05/2107 !!!!!

Please explain what you TPG are doing to address this online security failure. 

6 REPLIES 6
Dons2000
Level 3

I'm getting the same pop up error message when I open Outlook (Office 2016) to view my TPG emails. This started today.

The pop up warning states; "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect." When you view the security certificate it indicates it is issued to "mail.wondercom.com.au" and expired 7/05/2017.

According to web searches, "Wondercom" appears to be an old subsidiary business of TPG.

If that is the case, why is TPG all of a sudden today, using a subsidiary company's expired security certificate on TPG's mail server????

This needs to get fixed now. 

lampet
Level 3

Same issue happening on my tpg pop3 email accounts since they did maintenance on Saturday night.

Ahra_G

Hi @lampet,

The email issue was raised with our system administrators and have confirmed that everything should be working properly now. 

Should this not be the case, please don't hesitate to send us a private message in order for us to assist accordingly. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Dons2000
Level 3

Hi @Ahra_G ,

Looks like the fix has worked. I haven't had any problems in last 24 hours.

Thanks & regards

lampet
Level 3

@Dons2000 wrote:

Hi @Ahra_G ,

Looks like the fix has worked. I haven't had any problems in last 24 hours.

Thanks & regards

Same here, all good now Smiley Happy

amitkumar
Level 2

Hello,

Kindly Look at the following I'm sure this really going to be very helpful for you

1. How is the email account configured in Outlook?

2. What is the email account type (POP3, IMAP or an Exchange)?

3. Did you make any changes to the Account Settings?

4. Is the Computer on network/domain?

If you have setup POP3 or IMAP account, try disabling the option ‘This Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’ for the Outgoing server and check if this helps

Open Outlook >

Click on File > Account settings > Select the account and click on change > Click on More settings and click on Outgoing server tab > Check the box My Outgoing server requires authentication.

Note: make a note of the settings before changing.

Let me know the results to assist you further.

If want to learn more briefly then,

Look at this : the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified

Thank you.