TPG Community

Get online support

Does customer service even exist at TPG during COVID?

mccarney
Level 2
Please see the below summary of events in trying to complete a simple change of address:
  1. 27th March 2020 - Logged in to log a request to move the service to a new address, however my service could not be moved online.  "Unfortunately, there is an error processing your request. Please contact TPG Customer Service on 13 14 23 or email customer_service@tpg.com.au."
  2. 27th March 2020 - Started a chat to request the move. No response from TPG customer service.
  3. 30th March 2020 - Emailed support team with the same request. I asked to be called. No response from TPG customer service.
  4. Approx 7th March - Spent 4 hours on hold to customer support. No answer
  5. 14th April 2020 - TPG customer service replied to my enquiry, giving me the instructions to complete the request online. Which cannot be done as per the above.
  6. 14th April 2020 - I replied requesting a callback or to have my account cancelled. No reply from TPG customer support
  7. 17th April 2020 - I emailed TPG customer support again, requesting someone contact me or I would contact the Telecommunication ombadsman. No reply from TPG customer support.
  8. 21st April 2020 - Payment of $59.99 deducted from my bank account for a service I have already requested be cancelled.
  9. Approx 23rd April - Spent more than an hour on hold to finally speak to someone who told me my enquiry can be handled via email. I told them I have not had any success via email and was promised a callback. No call has ever been received.
  10. 7th May - Text message received with a message "TPG: we have sent the cancellation template to (email). Please let us know if you need further help." I replied, as I no longer use that email address and your system will not update the new email address, which appears to be a recurring theme here. Still no reply from TPG customer service.
  11. 20th May 2020 - 2nd payment of $59.99 deducted from my bank account for a service I have already requested be cancelled.
  12. 21st May 2020 - I have now been on hold attempting to reach your billing department for 2.5 hours with no answer.
To summarise I have lost in excess of a full days work attempting to resolve this simple issue, thanks to a blatant lack of care from TPG for their longterm customers.

I would like to speak, on the PHONE to someone, to resolve this issue, process the cancellation, issue me with a refund in full.

Thanks and looking forward to finalising this urgently.

My account number is 6328203 I await your phone call to resolve.
1 REPLY 1
David_M

Hi @mccarney 

I will organise a call back from our senior Relocation Officers ASAP within 48hrs.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M