TPG Community

Get online support

How to add mobile number to my TPG account for Multi Factor Authentication

nick71
Level 2

Hi,

A couple of days ago I was  victim of a phishing scam where I entered my account  and credit card details into a fake TPG website. I contacted my bank and had everything dealt with, and  also contacted TPG and reported the incident, however I wasn't able to log into my account.

I was told over the phone this was because I had not added a mobile number (also with TPG) to my account details to enable the Multi Factor Authentication, and to do so I had to send a photo of my drivers license and myself holding it to "privacy@tpgtelecom.com.au", and I would be contacted within 48 hours. 

I haven't been contacted yet and was wondering if this was the right advice, and is that the correct email address?

Regards,

Nick

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @nick71,

We would love to help chase this with our Privacy Team and get us the update. Could you shoot us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

A couple of days ago I was  victim of a phishing scam where I entered my account  and credit card details into a fake TPG website. I contacted my bank and had everything dealt with, and  also contacted TPG and reported the incident, however I wasn't able to log into my account.

I was told over the phone this was because I had not added a mobile number (also with TPG) to my account details to enable the Multi Factor Authentication, and to do so I had to send a photo of my drivers license and myself holding it to "privacy@tpgtelecom.com.au", and I would be contacted within 48 hours. 

I haven't been contacted yet and was wondering if this was the right advice, and is that the correct email address?

Regards,

Nick

nick71
Level 2

Thanks for your response.

How do I send a PM?

The link in your reply didn't work.

Regards,

Nick