IiNet

Mikohuyl
Level 2
Hi,
I noticed these few weeks my internet is quiet slow especially at night time. After self-checking the internet speed test I noticed it says my internet is belong to iiNet... which is strange as I was unaware TPG is using iinet. Can you clarify? Thank you with regards Miko Hu.
4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi. TPG and iiNet are under one umbrella, we still operate independently of each other. As such, we won't be able to pull up your account and check on your connection. We recommend to contact iiNET support 

You may contact iiNet on their support page, https://www.iinet.net.au/contact.

Regards,

@Mikohuyl wrote:
Hi,
I noticed these few weeks my internet is quiet slow especially at night time. After self-checking the internet speed test I noticed it says my internet is belong to iiNet... which is strange as I was unaware TPG is using iinet. Can you clarify? Thank you with regards Miko Hu.

Mikohuyl
Level 2
If I am paying TPG why do I need to contact iinet? This service should be providing me to me by TPG.
I require a reply
Thank you.
Mikohuyl
Level 2
You said you operate independently so my monthly payment goes to TPG so why do I need to contact iinet? This service should be providing to me by TPG.
I require a reply.
If you change my network to iinet you should also notify me in advance as a courtesy.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Shane

HI @Mikohuyl 

Apologies for the misunderstanding. 

If you are an existing TPG Customer, kindly send us your details via private message so we can proceed with test and investigation.

Furthermore, I believe you were pertaining to a speedtest result. Speedtest offers a network of over 10,000 hosted servers around the globe so that you always have testing options. At the start of a test, Speedtest automatically chooses a nearby server with a fast ping result to measure the maximum potential of your internet connection.

You can always change the testing server to a different one than the default selection and we encourage testing to different servers to compare results, which in your case the nearest server appeared to be from iiNet.

Regards,

Hi,