Mail Filter Settings

Brado
Level 3

TPG Email fails to adequately filter spam & fishing emails, its not unusual for me to get a spoofed email from TPG about failed account payments at least once a week. To counter the volume of spam I have my Junk Mail Filtering set to high but this seems to make no differance to the volume of spam I recieve and just adds genuine emails to the spam folder.

To counter this I need to add incorrectly identified genuine (NON spam email addresses) to the the Address Filtering to "Allowed Email Addresses" and have over 600 allowed email addresses so far.

The issue i have in addition to TPG poor filtering is the "Allowed Email Addresses" DEFAULTS to SPAM FOLDER?????????. WHY, WHY or WHY????? does TPG do this.

The spam folder should not even be an option in the "Allowed Email Addresses" filter! TPG you are a mature internet provider not an immature start-up anymore. Please fix this ridiculous default or remove the spam option altogether.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Brado ,

We suggest to raise this directly to our postmaster to investigate the reason why the e-mail addresses are being filtered as spam.

You can send an email directly to postmaster@tpg.com.au

Regards,

Brado
Level 3

Hi Shane,

I have done that many times and nothing ever changes.

All I am asking is forward my request to change the "Allowed Email Addresses" to default to "Inbox" and not to "Spam" when I am adding allowed email adresses. Dont you think the default action for allowing email addresses is strange for it to be set to the spam folder. Isnt this community here to suggest improvements and provide feedback? I dont need to be given the run around.

Brad

Shane

Hi @Brado ,

Send me a with your details also the e-mail address that is being filtered to the spam inbox.

We will coordinate this with postmaster.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi Shane,

I have done that many times and nothing ever changes.

All I am asking is forward my request to change the "Allowed Email Addresses" to default to "Inbox" and not to "Spam" when I am adding allowed email adresses. Dont you think the default action for allowing email addresses is strange for it to be set to the spam folder. Isnt this community here to suggest improvements and provide feedback? I dont need to be given the run around.

Brad