TPG Community

Get online support

No access to email or account

stogie
Level 2

I have internet (very good) but cannot connect to my TPG mail or account (very bad).

Every attempt receives this response:  

"Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.
Try this:
Go back to the last page"

I don't care as much about access to my account details but I'm a senior with health issues and I NEED my email.  Please assist asap, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JongR

Hi @stogie,

Transport Layer Security (TLS) is a security protocol used on the Internet to protect Internet traffic. It uses encryption to protect the data from eavesdropping.

Both our My Account login page and Post Office (webmail) login page use the newer standard TLS 1.2.

Could you please provide more information, such as:

• what device you are using to login to these sites
  • what program or app you are using to login to these sites
  • since when have you had difficulty connecting to these sites

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
rbakar
Level 2

Pertaining to the above, I have been getting security messages about logging on to my webmail since mid last week: this is typically the webmail URL I use to login: 

https://postoffice.tpg.com.au/advanced/postoffice/login.php

And this is the response from my web browser:

Your connection is not fully secure

This site uses an outdated security configuration, which may expose your information (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards) when it is sent to this site.

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION

The connection used to load this site used TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1, which are deprecated and will be disabled in the future. Once disabled, users will be prevented from loading this site. The server should enable TLS 1.2 or later.

Proceed to postoffice.tpg.com.au (unsafe)

This however, now alerts both my PC desktop (Win10Home - Chrome and Edge) and Macbook (OSX13.8 Safari and Chrome) that the protocol is lapsed to TLS1.1 and needs to be updated to TLS1.2.

That said, the link you provided JongR, is entirely different again:

https://www.tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

This URL actually uses TLS1.2 and has the secure URL icon (locked padlock) against it. So I'll be using this going forward. However, I would suggest to end confusion, the other URL (with TLS1.1) should be taken down, and appropriate divertion put into place.

Hope this helps clarify stogie's situation as I think I'm in the same boat. 

Cheers, and looking forward to the fix!!

Shane

Hi @rbakar,

Thanks for bringing this to us. We will raise this email issue to our postmaster for further test and investigation. Please send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include the e-mail address affected with the issue.

In case you need a reference: 

How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards, 

Pertaining to the above, I have been getting security messages about logging on to my webmail since mid last week: this is typically the webmail URL I use to login: 

https://postoffice.tpg.com.au/advanced/postoffice/login.php

And this is the response from my web browser:

Your connection is not fully secure

This site uses an outdated security configuration, which may expose your information (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards) when it is sent to this site.

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSIONBack to safetyHide advanced

The connection used to load this site used TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1, which are deprecated and will be disabled in the future. Once disabled, users will be prevented from loading this site. The server should enable TLS 1.2 or later.

Proceed to postoffice.tpg.com.au (unsafe)

This however, now alerts both my PC desktop (Win10Home - Chrome and Edge) and Macbook (OSX13.8 Safari and Chrome) that the protocol is lapsed to TLS1.1 and needs to be updated to TLS1.2.

That said, the link you provided JongR, is entirely different again:

https://www.tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

This URL actually uses TLS1.2 and has the secure URL icon (locked padlock) against it. So I'll be using this going forward. However, I would suggest to end confusion, the other URL (with TLS1.1) should be taken down, and appropriate divertion put into place.

Hope this helps clarify stogie's situation as I think I'm in the same boat. 

Cheers, and looking forward to the fix!!