TPG Community

Get online support

Officially PAST 100 days that TPG has FAILED to REFUND me $500

SOLVED Go to solution
Bnich123tpg
Level 3

On 1st November 2021, I called TPG and activated my international roaming, paying the required $500 by debit card. On the same day, I deactivated international roaming via phone call with TPG.

It has now been 101 DAYS since I deactivated the service and submitted my request for a refund. 

I have lost count of how many times I have called TPG asking for my money to be returned.

Since posting my complaint to TPG community, I have been given FOUR different estimated times by FOUR different TPG staff members on when my refund will be processed.

1. On the 24/1, I was told by Dann (mod) 3-5 banking days ... PASSED

2. On the 24/1, I was told by Mary (on the phone) 1-2 weeks... PASSED

3. On the 26/1, I was told by Ahra_G (mod) 5-8 working days ... PASSED 

4. On the 9/2, I was told by TPG Refunds Administration, "kindly allow 5-10 working days to complete the request." 

KINDLY? I have been waiting FOR OVER 100 DAYS for my money to be refunded. 

On 7/2/22, I was private messaged by BasilDV (mod) who said, "Our team is waiting for your bank details. Please email us at ddrefunds@tpg.com.au with your bank details in order to process it." 

So is the reason why my money hasn't been returned is because NO ONE BOTHERED TO ASK ME FOR MY BANK DETAILS?????? FOR OVER THREE MONTHS?? 

Tomorrow my bank will be calling me to see if I still want to keep my dispute with TPG open. I am utterly flabbergasted that, yes, the dispute is still open. I have also been updating my complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman with screenshots of the conversations I've had with TPG staff. 

After holding on to MY money for SO long due, I am looking for more than just my refund. I want compensation for the complete lack of professionalism, sincerity and clarity from TPG. I am utterly UTTERLY astounded by this violation of my trust as a customer. 

TPG... how will you compensate me, in addition to my refund?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @Bnich123tpg

Your case is now with our Complaints Resolutions Team for further handling. I've requested an immediate callback to discuss the matter further with you. If you have a preferred callback number and time, just shoot us a private message

Regards, 

Angeli

View solution in original post

Bnich123tpg
Level 3

My refund has FINALLY come through. 

From deactivating my international roaming on 1/11/2021, it took 107 days for TPG to give me my refund.

This whole experience has been very very disappointing. I felt like I wasn't given all the infomation about WHY it was taking so long and overall felt disrespected by TPG's treatment of my issue.

After me ASKING for compensation, TPG agreed to 1 month of free mobile usage... a total of $20.

After this month, I will be moving to a different mobile service provider. Whenever the conversation comes round to mobile providers, I will be sure to tell people to NOT utilise TPG so they can avoid landing in a similar mess to what I was dealt. 

Such a shame. TPG, get it together. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Angeli

Hi @Bnich123tpg

Your case is now with our Complaints Resolutions Team for further handling. I've requested an immediate callback to discuss the matter further with you. If you have a preferred callback number and time, just shoot us a private message

Regards, 

Angeli

Bnich123tpg
Level 3

My refund has FINALLY come through. 

From deactivating my international roaming on 1/11/2021, it took 107 days for TPG to give me my refund.

This whole experience has been very very disappointing. I felt like I wasn't given all the infomation about WHY it was taking so long and overall felt disrespected by TPG's treatment of my issue.

After me ASKING for compensation, TPG agreed to 1 month of free mobile usage... a total of $20.

After this month, I will be moving to a different mobile service provider. Whenever the conversation comes round to mobile providers, I will be sure to tell people to NOT utilise TPG so they can avoid landing in a similar mess to what I was dealt. 

Such a shame. TPG, get it together.