Prepaid Balance Refund

GLL_36
Level 2

Several years ago I was required to make a $500 pre-payment before I could activate International Roaming. I have $479.33 remaining and want to have that balance refunded as I do not intend to use roaming again.

On 15 August 2023 I called and spoke to a very helpful woman who said she would need to arrange for the amount to be “transferred” from the pre-paid balance into my “account” and this step would take up to 48 hours. Once in my account it could be refunded to my bank account and this step would take 5-7 business days. Great. She was unable to give me a ticket number or escalation number when asked but promised to text me one once it was raised. I never heard back from her or anyone else.

On 2 November 2023 I called again, and spoke to another helpful person. He gave me the identical information regarding the refund. He also promised to text and then phone me after 2 business days and gave me an estimated day and time that he would call. That was 4 business days ago. I can see on my account that the $479.33 is still showing as a “pre-paid balance” so I get that he has nothing to tell me…but he possibly could have followed up, as promised, even if it wasn’t good news.

So now I am wondering if I should give it another couple of days and see what happens of if there’s an AI chat-bot out there that could possibly escalate this for me? This seems to be the process from what I can see in the TPG Community posts.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @GLL_36 ,

Let us help check the status of the refund and see what we can do about this. Could you flick me a message with your details to better understand the situation?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Several years ago I was required to make a $500 pre-payment before I could activate International Roaming. I have $479.33 remaining and want to have that balance refunded as I do not intend to use roaming again.

On 15 August 2023 I called and spoke to a very helpful woman who said she would need to arrange for the amount to be “transferred” from the pre-paid balance into my “account” and this step would take up to 48 hours. Once in my account it could be refunded to my bank account and this step would take 5-7 business days. Great. She was unable to give me a ticket number or escalation number when asked but promised to text me one once it was raised. I never heard back from her or anyone else.

On 2 November 2023 I called again, and spoke to another helpful person. He gave me the identical information regarding the refund. He also promised to text and then phone me after 2 business days and gave me an estimated day and time that he would call. That was 4 business days ago. I can see on my account that the $479.33 is still showing as a “pre-paid balance” so I get that he has nothing to tell me…but he possibly could have followed up, as promised, even if it wasn’t good news.

So now I am wondering if I should give it another couple of days and see what happens of if there’s an AI chat-bot out there that could possibly escalate this for me? This seems to be the process from what I can see in the TPG Community posts.