TPG Community

Get online support

Prepaid balance refund

CA1
Level 2
Level 2
Hi

I used to have a TPG post paid mobile account and had to top up a prepaid balance of $500 in order to activate overseas roaming.

I closed my TPG mobile account almost 2 weeks ago and despite 3 emails and 3 calls to TPG, haven’t received a refund of my outstanding balance. I have just been told when I call that this will be ‘escalated’.

My question is - when will this refund finally be processed?

I would also suggest that TPG makes it clear to anyone who tops up their prepaid balance how difficult it is to get their money back (when I first emailed requesting a refund of the balance, I was told - and quote - ‘ Please be informed that any unused prepaid balance will expire once the account cancelled or ported out.’ which implied to me that TPG intended to keep that money).
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @CA1,

Let us help chase this with our Team and check the status of the refund, could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi

I used to have a TPG post paid mobile account and had to top up a prepaid balance of $500 in order to activate overseas roaming.

I closed my TPG mobile account almost 2 weeks ago and despite 3 emails and 3 calls to TPG, haven’t received a refund of my outstanding balance. I have just been told when I call that this will be ‘escalated’.

I would also suggest that TPG makes it clear to anyone who tops up their prepaid balance how difficult it is to get their money back (when I first emailed requesting a refund of the balance, I was told - and quote - ‘ Please be informed that any unused prepaid balance will expire once the account cancelled or ported out.’ which implied to me that TPG intended to keep that money).

RobinaLee
Level 2

Hi, did you get any satisfaction? I'm having the same problem. You can't get int'l roaming without having a prepaid balance, and trying to get the unused remainder back is difficult. They don't tell you up front that they won't refund it. R

@CA1 wrote:
Hi

Ahra_G

Hi @RobinaLee

We'd like to take a look at your concern and get it sorted. Any chance you can PM us with your TPG account details? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G