TPG Community

Get online support

Refund? If so when?

andylee00
Level 2

On December 1st 2023, I was charged $375 for New Development Fee + NBN50.

A week later on the 8th, I was charged $10 (I'm guessing it was the delivery fee for the modem)

But I later cancelled the installation and the NBN plan (NBN was never installed, no one came)

So I expected a full refund of $385 or at least $375.

About a month had passed and I still hadn't got the refund so I called and they told me $75 for the NBN plan was refunded, and it was on the 2nd of January 2024.

And when I questioned about the $300, they told me that would hold on to it until I move to another address that if that address doesn't have NBN they won't charge me extra for new development fee as I had already paid for it. To which I said I would rather get a refund.

So I waited a couple of weeks (I think) I then called them again, asking about the $300, and all they said was the issue was elevated to some department I can't recall the name of.

I waited more until I called on the 9th of April. And this time they checked the account and checked if the refund was "valid", then they said it was and told me to expect a phone call in the next 24-48 hours (never came) and if I had missed the phone call they said they would send me an email regarding the refund (haven't received it)

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @andylee00,

We're here to help! Please send us a private message and we'll pull up your account. 

-Ahra_G