TPG Community

Get online support

Waiting for refund of credit balance in cancelled NBN account

chinko
Level 2

Hi,

I had been a very long time customer of TPG. Over the many years, generally I was satisifed with the TPG internet service. Despite the price increase a few months ago, I stayed with TPG.

Two months ago, I planned to cancel my NBN plan with TPG and moved to another service provider which offered a much better deal. Having read in this forum before, I was aware that I need to give 30 days advance notice to cancel my NBN plan.

On 7/5/2023, when I submitted my cancellation request online, I specified a cancellation date of 6/6, 30 days in the future.

On the next day 8/5, I recevied an email from TPG acknowledging my request and the service end date. It also charged my credit card immediately for a "Cost for service during 30-day notice period". This additional charge is unexpected to me because my regular NBN monthly renewal had already charged me covering up to the NBN service end date of 6/6.

On 10/5, I rang the TPG billing support team to enquire about this additonal charge. The person assured me over the phone that it will be refunded back to me.

On 13/6, a week after the cancellation date, when I checked my TPG account online, I saw the credit balance of my VOIP voice account had already been credited back to my NBN account. However, the additional charge for the "30-day notice period" had not. So I rang the TPG billing support team, and the person assured me over the phone again that any credit balance including the "30-day notice period" charge will be refunded back to my credit card within 3-4 working days.

On 20/6, a week later, I checked my TPG account online again. I found the "30-day notice period" charge had indeed been credited back to my account. However the totol credit balance was just sitting in the TPG account and had not been refunded back to my credit card. So I rang the TPG billing support team again. The person assured me that it will be refunded to my credit card in 4-5 working days.

On 28/6, another week later, there is still no refund in my credit card. So I rang the TPG billing team again. The person assured me that this refund issue has been escalated to a special team in TPG to follow up, and I don't need to keep calling to chase up the refund.

Today 5/7, another week later, there is still no refund in my credit card. Neither have I received any updates from TPG about the progress of resolving this refund issue.

Can anyone in TPG please give me a update? My TPG NBN user name is the same as my user name in this forum.

Waiting patiently...

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hey, @chinko 

Let us take this opportunity to turn around your experience and coordinate this with our accounts team to help us get the refund. Could you shoot me a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

I had been a very long time customer of TPG. Over the many years, generally I was satisifed with the TPG internet service. Despite the price increase a few months ago, I stayed with TPG.

Two months ago, I planned to cancel my NBN plan with TPG and moved to another service provider which offered a much better deal. Having read in this forum before, I was aware that I need to give 30 days advance notice to cancel my NBN plan.

On 7/5/2023, when I submitted my cancellation request online, I specified a cancellation date of 6/6, 30 days in the future.

On the next day 8/5, I recevied an email from TPG acknowledging my request and the service end date. It also charged my credit card immediately for a "Cost for service during 30-day notice period". This additional charge is unexpected to me because my regular NBN monthly renewal had already charged me covering up to the NBN service end date of 6/6.

On 10/5, I rang the TPG billing support team to enquire about this additonal charge. The person assured me over the phone that it will be refunded back to me.

On 13/6, a week after the cancellation date, when I checked my TPG account online, I saw the credit balance of my VOIP voice account had already been credited back to my NBN account. However, the additional charge for the "30-day notice period" had not. So I rang the TPG billing support team, and the person assured me over the phone again that any credit balance including the "30-day notice period" charge will be refunded back to my credit card within 3-4 working days.

On 20/6, a week later, I checked my TPG account online again. I found the "30-day notice period" charge had indeed been credited back to my account. However the totol credit balance was just sitting in the TPG account and had not been refunded back to my credit card. So I rang the TPG billing support team again. The person assured me that it will be refunded to my credit card in 4-5 working days.

On 28/6, another week later, there is still no refund in my credit card. So I rang the TPG billing team again. The person assured me that this refund issue has been escalated to a special team in TPG to follow up, and I don't need to keep calling to chase up the refund.

Today 5/7, another week later, there is still no refund in my credit card. Neither have I received any updates from TPG about the progress of resolving this refund issue.

Can anyone in TPG please give me a update? My TPG NBN user name is the same as my user name in this forum.

Waiting patiently...

chinko
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have sent you my TPG client ID in a private message.

chinko
Level 2

Just for the sake of transparency and benefit for the user community, I am reporting the progress of this refund matter.

After posting the issue in this forum yesterday, I received a response in a private message this morning. It assured me that the refund is now in progress and the refund amount will be in my credit card account in 3-5 working days.

I will check my account in the next few days and report here again any result.

MELINDA
Level 2

I have a similar experience to get refund back to my TPG account as wellSmiley Sad  This made me lost confident with TPG.

Ahra_G

Hi @MELINDA

Please send us a private message along with your TPG username or Customer ID so we can check the status fo the refund. 

-Ahra_G