TPG Community

Get online support

Website domain Autodiscover requests

dmaxdude
Level 2

Hi there, just joined so please go easy on me. Just a noob with some PC issues and posted here as I beleive it relates to my account. Anyway I have created some other domain emails to move on from TPG.com.au and not intenting to merge to The Email Company? I run Office 365 and had some issues with my xxxxxxx@tpg.com.au email account not being reconised at the login screen of office 365. Search and found this about sutodiscover requests. In the article there is a work around but its only tempory, reccomented to web service provider or the web hosting provider of your domain website and make sure that the web server is not responding to Autodiscover requests as outlook keeps checking. Any ideas? Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't set up your account - Microsoft Support 

Please note - don't make the responses to technical, plain English please.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @dmaxdude 

Have you tried to set up your TPG mail using the steps here: Email Setup in Outlook 365 ?

If not, then delete the TPG account that you've already added to Outlook, then add a new one to start fresh.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

dmaxdude
Level 2

Thx, BasilDV.

The problem is i can't get into my outlook to see and mail, i have 5 TPG email address in outlook and 5 new one's i created in outlook.com. I launch my microsoft outlook app and comes up with "This username may be incorrect. Make sure you typed it correctly. Otherwise, contact your admin". My Microsoft account uses this TPG email address too, however I can access my Microsoft account with no problem. So at this stage i have use TPG post office to see those emails. But time is running out to change 30 plus passwords associated with the TPG emails. BTW why isn't there any spell check when you post? lol I can't access office 365 to use Word and cut and paste.

BasilDV

Is the error message that you are receiving was due to your TPG email or was it because of the new email addresses that you've created?

Was it working fine before adding the new ones?