Worst Service

nishgokul
Level 2

Hi,

I am Gokul live in Cooperplains, Brisbane, Australia. I have registered and requested ADSL internet package with TPG on 29/01/2019. After 3 days a Telstra technician was scheduled for installation on 15/02/2019. On 15/02/2019 TPG informed us that the installation is complete and require additional cable work called "Jumpering" to make the service work on our unit.

email attached below for reference.

We requested a TPG technician the same day but was not available, so we hired a private technician to complete the work.

The private technician showed up on our unit and informed us that the connection has been made to a wrong building and no Jumpering work is required on your Townhouse unit. We informed this to TPG but they reckon this is not possible and scheduled a TPG technician the next day to take a look.

TPG technician informed us the same that the connection has been made to the wrong building. 

TPG then informed us that telstra made a mistake and a telstra technician has been scheduled again on 19/02/2019 and everything will be sorted out.

In the meantime, TPG stopped sending any confirmation on email. They have sent us an email the installation is complete and ready to use, online installation status changes to complete as well. screenshot attached below.

Telstra technician showed up on 19/02/2019 (as informed by TPG) and no updates from TPG we called them and TPG informed us that the installation is complete and "Jumpering work" cable work required to complete the connection. We informed them about what happened and TPG technician already looked at our unit and informed no Jumpering work require,

TPG replied to us that Manager has personally talked with Telstra and everything is sorted out this time, so TPG technician required to fix the connection and they promised everything will be sorted out once TPG technician visits the unit.

TPG technician visited on 22/02/2019 and informed us the same old story again "No Jumpering work required and Telstra connected to wrong building".

We called TPG for the update and they informed us that there was a mistake and apologised to us and they will contact Telstra to rectify it. They informed us everything will be sorted out before 25/03/2019 (today).

No updated until 1 pm on 25/02.2019, so I called them and guess what I was told the same story the installation is complete and the Jumpering work is required. I reiterated the story and now they informed us that Telstra technician will be booked as soon as possible.

My concerns are.

1. I can understand if there was a mistake once, but how can it happen three times and still not fixed?
  2. Why the same mistake happens again and again?
  3. Why am I not getting written updates email anymore?
  4. Why my account status shows the installation is complete?
  5. Why TPG customer care always never call or update us back. we need to call them every time.
  6. I have spent more than 300 dollars and 4 day offs (TPG require a person to be home every time a technician visit) on the private technician and extra internet packages(mobile) who is gonna pay for that?
  7. Why TPG doesn't take any responsibility and being so irresponsible?
  8. Is there an option to take TPG to consumer court?
  9. Most important When the issue will be fixed?

Thanks

Gokul

2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @nishgokul,

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm really sorry to read you've had such a poor experience, that's not what we want to hear at all. Even so, we know there's always room for improvement and we strive daily to make more and more positive ones.

The installation of your service was completed up to the network boundary point which is the Main Distribution Frame (MDF) of your apartment. This is a small telecommunications room in a common area within your block. This applies mainly for apartments, office blocks or larger business premises.

Sometimes, for new connections where there is an existing line at the property, a Telstra technician may be required to complete the connection. This could be something like jumpering the connection at the exchange. This often does not need you to be home, and can be done without access to your property. There could be cases wherein they need to check for new lead in connections. The lead-in is the physical connection between your home and copper line that allows home phone and internet services to be supplied to your property. It really depends on the test and the data we have on your property.

TPG is responsible to deliver the service to the first side of the MDF (the ‘A’ side). Any wiring that is missing to connect to the other side of the MDF (the ‘B’ side) and into the building is the customer’s responsibility and requires a technician. Apparently, it took sometime to locate the correct box. 

We have raised this matter further to Telstra. Furthermore, we have received the document that our Engineering requested from you. We'll be sure to monitor the case and update you the soonest we hear from them. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hello @nishgokul,

I've since checked the status of the escalated fault and it appears that an appointment has been booked on 01 March 2019 between 8AM - 12PM. Please ensure that you or someone over 18yrs of age is present during the visit. 

As you have confirmed with the Building Manager, the issue with the line has been sorted out already. 

We look forward on getting your service up and running. 

Should you have further queries or requires assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Thank you.