TPG Community

Get online support

changing slave name or moving alias to a new slave

SOLVED Go to solution
Ascidian99
Level 4

The email address of my slave account has been hijacked and I'm receiving lots of spam error returns to messages I didn't send.

The setup is this:-

main account - aaa,  email=aaa@tpg.com.au - no problem here

slave account - bbb, email=bbb@tpg.com.au - this is the problem address

alias to slave bbb, email=ccc@tpg.com.au - this is the address which I've used for 15+ years  and would be a major effort to change - is currently working ok.

Is there anyway to maintain use of the ccc@tpg.com.au address, ie can it be moved to a new slave, or be used to create a new slave?  The main account is used by my wife so I can't move ccc to be an alias to that id. / thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Ascidian99 ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. 

You may remove the alias on ccc@tpg.com.au from slave bbb@tpg.com.au then create slave account on ccc@tpg.com.au.

Regards,

@Ascidian99 wrote:

The email address of my slave account has been hijacked and I'm receiving lots of spam error returns to messages I didn't send.

alias to slave bbb, email=ccc@tpg.com.au - this is the address which I've used for 15+ years  and would be a major effort to change - is currently working ok.

Is there anyway to maintain use of the ccc@tpg.com.au address, ie can it be moved to a new slave, or be used to create a new slave?  The main account is used by my wife so I can't move ccc to be an alias to that id. / thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Ascidian99 ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. 

You may remove the alias on ccc@tpg.com.au from slave bbb@tpg.com.au then create slave account on ccc@tpg.com.au.

Regards,

@Ascidian99 wrote:

Ascidian99
Level 4

Thanks Shane.  I'll work out the implications to my mail client and make the change.  The rate of spam has dropped to about 2 an hour, which is quite manageable, so I won't rush it.

Shane

You're welcome @Ascidian99. Do not hesitate to update this thread in the event that you proceed to make a changes, cheers!