TPG Community

Get online support

overcharged for cost of 30 days notice

krnvlnxa30
Level 2
On March 8th I called TPG and requested to cancel my NBN. I was told that because of 30 days notice policy my cancellation date would be April 8th and I still have to pay until then.
On March 10th, I was debited the usual monthly charge of $74.99 for period 17/03 to 16/04. This payment already covered beyond the end of my 30 days notice.
But on March 29th, I received an email from TPG that my cancellation request has been processed and finalised and I was charged again for the ‘cost for service during 30 day notice period’.
Can you please verify these charges coz I believe I was charged double for the 30 days notice.
I’ve already sent couple of emails to TPG about this and got no response. Trying to get a response via this channel. If not, will file complaint against TPG.
1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @krnvlnxa30,

When you are outside contract, you can cancel the account without any termination fees. However, you are required to provide us at least 30 days notice and the service has to be paid up to the end of the notice period.

Please send us a private message and we'll pull up your account to have a look at these charges. 

-Ahra_G