TPG Community

Get online support

2.4 vs. 5 GHz Archer C1200

samtredinnick
Level 2

Recently installed NBN50 with a TP - Link Archer C1200. Working great. Dual wifi bands showing (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz). Are there any smart functions on the modem to combine these bands? Reducing SSID # for simplicity. Or, would it be feasable to disable the 2.4 GHz if we are getting consistent 5 GHz around the home? 

Cheers,

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
peter_k

Welcome to TPG Community,

Could you PM (Private message) me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so I can check the status here.

To learn how to send a private message, click here.  

Regards,
Peter

samtredinnick
Level 2

Why would that information help you with a solution to my specific question? Seems shady.. Can you help with my specific question 

sajalm

Hi @samtredinnick ,

The main differences between the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies are range and bandwidth. 5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance. 2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds.  If you turn on both there is no problem, which every device is working best on that frequency you can use that frequency. Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sajal

samtredinnick
Level 2

Thank you! Is there any way to get these 2 frequencies to merge into a single SSID on my TP Link? My old tesltra modem could do this and it would automatically determine the better 2.4/5 GHz...