3 week outage

pierceandtanika
Level 2
Hi I've been experiencing no internet for the past 3 weeks.
Was told it was because of a service line issue that Telstra needed to fix in the Annandale area. Which I understood.
Though I've been told each week since that it's being fixed. And the last few times I've called I keep getting switched to different operators to explain that it's a line rented by Telstra and its being dealt with. But it's the same thing I hear on the phone each time I call. Week by week.
Just wondering if anyone on here may actually have a clue as to whats actually happening or if people around the western Sydney area have been hearing the same things?
2 REPLIES 2
Will

Hi @pierceandtanika 

Welcome to the Community!

My apologies for the service disruption. I can only imagine how frustrating this has been for you.

I checked your case history and you are correct, there's an ongoing Telstra outage affecting your service. As discussed with you on June 27, an issue was found inn manhole at DA24 (Near No24 Australia St) to manhole at DA26 (Opposite No47-49 Australia St) wherein cables are required to be replaced. This type of case usually requires civil works.

It appears that our Engineering Team attempted to call you today to inform you that the latest Estimated Time of Restoration (ETR) for the outage is on July 10. The ETR is still subject to change. Please take note that there may still be a need for a Telstra technician to check your specific line even if the outage is already resolved.

Further updates pertaining to this case will be provided to you directly via SMS or phone call by your Case Engineer. Feel free to leave us a message if you have other queries/concerns.

Regards,

Will

Hi @pierceandtanika

Our records show that you were contacted by one of our Engineers today. As mentioned in my earlier post, further updates about the case will be communicated to you by your Case Engineer.

Regards,