TPG Community

Get online support

$54.99/mth Home Wireless Broadband Unlimited ($54.99 / month) + $0.00 freight charge on a no lock-in contract.

cbdindustries
Level 2
4G mobile broadband , is it me , but are we we experiencing slow data speeds off the VF network? I know it’s capped at 20mbps but data speeds below 5mbps is ridiculous 24/7 . Mobile phone coverage maps says we are in a 4G area . Modem is constantly on 1 signal light out of a possible 3 or 4 on modem - archer MR600 (never seen it light up more than 1 signal light) .

Ran speed tests via the TPG website , soeedtest dot net
Ozspeedtest too and all below 5mbps
Video test is coming back low and streaming at best of 640p 😤😤😤😤.

Would really like to experience something that’s more than 8/10mbps so I can watch a movie sometime .
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @cbdindustries ,

Let us help get to the bottom of this.  5G Home Broadband speeds are variable due to the source of the content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users, location of the device, data-deprioritisation, network coverage and congestion.

Data-deprioritisation means that during periods of congestion some data traffic will receive less priority over other traffic on the network, and you may experience slower 5G Home Broadband speeds as a result.

To better understand the situation, shoot us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

4G mobile broadband , is it me , but are we we experiencing slow data speeds off the VF network? I know it’s capped at 20mbps but data speeds below 5mbps is ridiculous 24/7 . Mobile phone coverage maps says we are in a 4G area . Modem is constantly on 1 signal light out of a possible 3 or 4 on modem - archer MR600 (never seen it light up more than 1 signal light) .

Ran speed tests via the TPG website , soeedtest dot net
Ozspeedtest too and all below 5mbps
Video test is coming back low and streaming at best of 640p 😤😤😤😤.

Would really like to experience something that’s more than 8/10mbps so I can watch a movie sometime .