TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Broadband - Service Activation

ckurlzy90
Level 2

Hi,

I received my 5G Home broadband equipment on the 24/08/23 and service was not active.

I rang TPG who advised me that the service will be active within 24-48 hours. It has been now 48 hours and still not active.

My 'TPG My Account' is still showing "Waiting for Hardware Dispatch".

Could you please advise?

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hey, @ckurlzy90 

Let us help check the progress of the 5G home broadband activation and rectify this ASAP. Could you flick me a message with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

I received my 5G Home broadband equipment on the 24/08/23 and service was not active.

I rang TPG who advised me that the service will be active within 24-48 hours. It has been now 48 hours and still not active.

My 'TPG My Account' is still showing "Waiting for Hardware Dispatch".

Could you please advise?

marcuslim00
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

I have the same issue, received my modem today and my account dashboard still says 'waiting for hardware dispatch' and when I clicked on volume usage, it says my service has not been activated yet. Please help. Thanks.

Daisy_Dhen

Hi @marcuslim00

We'd be happy to help and get everything resolved. Send us a private so we can we'll help out.

How do I private message (PM) in the community: 

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards, 

Daisy_Dhen

marcuslim00
Level 2

Hi Daisy, 

Thanks. Have sent you a PM. Appreciate your help. 

Umack
Level 4

Hi,

It isn't just 5G, the 4GLTE based home broadband service account activation is inoperative as well. Near as I can tell the system has been down for up to 8 days now because the account activation is supposed to happen when the modems are dispatched, which is happening, but unless the account is activated (which SHOULD have happened) the modems are shown as waiting for dispatch. My friends moden arrived last Wednesday, which puts the dispatch time last Monday, 8 days ago.

I could be cynical and say that this is the improved service that TPG are delivering as a result of dropping mail and web hosting but I guess that would be cruel.

BUT, I worked in IT for over 30 years, mostly with high end systems, and I have never heard of a major business system being off the air for 8 days unless there was a MAJOR people problem. Stuff like the mail server died because of stupidity (data volume reformatted to increase size online) and the last 6 months backups hadn't been checked (they had been failing). Not a good career move for the IT manager.

Come on TPG. You've cost me nearly 2 hours on the phone trying to get a 4G broadband service going for a friend who is using TPG because I recommended it. I'm starting to feel pretty stupid.