TPG Community

Get online support

Problem loading email address to Outlook

SOLVED Go to solution
robbie2
Level 2

Hi,

I have been unable to add my main tpg email address to my Outlook programme. I have not had any problems adding others including the tpg slave names.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @robbie2

You can still use the Outlook App as normal during and after the email migration. You may check out the email troubleshooting here, https://support.tpg.com.au/email-hosting/email-troubleshooting

Regards, 

Angeli

View solution in original post

Shane

Yay! I'm glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Feel free to create a new thread for future inquiries.

Thanks

I have resolved issue.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
david64
Level 15

Angeli

Hi @robbie2

You can still use the Outlook App as normal during and after the email migration. You may check out the email troubleshooting here, https://support.tpg.com.au/email-hosting/email-troubleshooting

Regards, 

Angeli

robbie2
Level 2

Thanks

I have resolved issue.

Shane

Yay! I'm glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Feel free to create a new thread for future inquiries.

Thanks

I have resolved issue.

Umack
Level 4

Fine.

Can you explain why my Outlook and email aren't working when I haven't initiated a migration?

Shane

Hi @Umack ,

What error message do you get when accessing your TPG email using Outlook? Have you tried to log in to the post office if the same issue occurs?

Please post a screenshot of the error message in this thread for reference.

Regards,

Can you explain why my Outlook and email aren't working when I haven't initiated a migration?

Umack
Level 4

Attempting to acess webmail:

Database Connection Failed
Atmail could not communicate to the database resulting in an error. To continue please check the following:

Database username and password are correct
Hostname is authorized to connect to the database server
The software has been installed correctly and the database schema created
Validate your database connection details in the file config/dbconfig.ini
The error message returned from the server includes:

SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User atmail already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

That kind of suggests that AtMail is involved already and that the migration has started. But while I intend to migrate, I haven't done anything yet

Regards

Rick

Shane

Hi @Umack ,

Have you tried to access your TPG email via post office? How did it go?

Could you send me a PM with your details?

Regards,

Attempting to acess webmail:

Database Connection Failed
Atmail could not communicate to the database resulting in an error. To continue please check the following:

Database username and password are correct
Hostname is authorized to connect to the database server
The software has been installed correctly and the database schema created
Validate your database connection details in the file config/dbconfig.ini
The error message returned from the server includes:

SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User atmail already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

That kind of suggests that AtMail is involved already and that the migration has started. But while I intend to migrate, I haven't done anything yet

Regards

Rick

david64
Level 15

Hi @Umack . This happens to Post Office from time to time. The web server runs out of connections to the mail server. Mail clients usually keep working. Probably needs the web server to be restarted.

This has nothing to do with the transfer of email system to TMC.

The name Atmail refers to the program interface between the web server and the mail server. It seems to be a common method.