TPG Community

Get online support

5G Internet Connection Dropping and Modem Restarts Randomly

samm
Level 2

My 5G internet worked fine for two months until a scheduled maintenance happened in my area in mid-December. After that maintenance the 5G modem keeps dropping out randomly (sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes 2 hours). At times the modem also restarts itself, sometimes it stays disconnected forever.

Signal indication (RSSI, RSRP, RSRQ) appears to be good when its online, but the Interface status shows 'NotPresent' after the internet drops out everytime.

Issue already presisted for almost 3 weeks.

IT support from TPG maintains it is a signal issue and the recommendation is to relocate the modem nearer to outdoor. I live in an apartment in the city and my modem is already in the balcony. 

Can someome clarify how is this a coverage / signal issue when the signal is full all the time.

Not much hope trying to communicate on the phone via service support.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @samm,

Let us check the status of the escalated ticket and see the progress of the investigation so we can understand the cause of this issue. Could you shoot us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

My 5G internet worked fine for two months until a scheduled maintenance happened in my area in mid-December. After that maintenance the 5G modem keeps dropping out randomly (sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes 2 hours). At times the modem also restarts itself, sometimes it stays disconnected forever.

Signal indication (RSSI, RSRP, RSRQ) appears to be good when its online, but the Interface status shows 'NotPresent' after the internet drops out everytime.

Issue already presisted for almost 3 weeks.

IT support from TPG maintains it is a signal issue and the recommendation is to relocate the modem nearer to outdoor. I live in an apartment in the city and my modem is already in the balcony.

Can someome clarify how is this a coverage / signal issue when the signal is full all the time.

Not much hope trying to communicate on the phone via service support.