TPG Community

Get online support

5G Internet and Mobile have very poor connection~ 1Mbps during the day. TPG cannot solve?

SOLVED Go to solution
patrickos1
Level 2

Apparently TPG is  unable to solve this and suggests I go back to the more expensive NBN. This will not fix my mobile connection problem. I am only about 400m from the 5G tower and so this is not a problem. It worked properly since moving from TPG's NBN last December to last monday the 1st of August. I used to get 450Mbps on my mobile. I tested this before going to 5G

Why cannot this be solved?

As a long term customer TPG is now suggesting I go back to NBN.

I am requesting TPG charge me for NBN the same at the 5G $65/month not the higher NBN.

I am waiting for the Sales people to call me. Again my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxay s20+) connection speed is sub par. as I did yesterday walked to the 5G tower. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TPG.

Once again the internet has stopped working properly giving speeds of less than 1Mbps. I have returned my original Sagecom 5G modem as requested after you sent me a replacement. However it is not the modems problem. On the weekend speeds returned to normal but as I write 2:25pm 8/Aug/23, I am only getting two yellow bars signal strength again. As I wrote below up until last Monday it work as expected since I moved from your NBN to 5G in December last year.

PLEASE solve this problem ASAP.

Not happy.

Patrick

===================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Since Monday the 31st of July daytime internet is not working with speed of very slow 4G only less than 1Mbps and no 5G. I also have a mobile phone plan with you, 5G Samsung Galaxy s20, and I cannot get 5G with this either. I went down the road and nowhere using my mobile could I get 5G but only 4G which was running slow too. Last night during the evening normal 5G resumed and continued until approximately 7:30am this morning. Then as with the previous days, Mon-Wed, daytime internet all but stopped.

You sent me a new modem which I received this afternoon, and the problem remains. While I am writing this the time has just gone past 5:00pm 5G has returned giving 66.5 Mbps download, still below what I have been getting for the last eight months since moving from TPG’s NBN to 5G.

Clearly something is wrong at you end, with 5G becoming completely unavailable during the day on a regular basis this week ~7:30am – 5:00pm and 4G incredibly slow at less than 1Mbps during that time band. The new modem made no difference and for that modem I noticed as I was changing modems the old modem for the first time displayed a message “SIM unavailable” or something like this.

I last spoke to you on Tuesday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @patrickos1 ,

Let us help rectify this issues affecting your 5G home broadband, could you shoot us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @patrickos1 ,

Let us help rectify this issues affecting your 5G home broadband, could you shoot us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

patrickos1
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply. I am at a loss. I am a long term customer and do not know hwo to proceed. I feel there is a confiugation issue at your end. Going back to NBN is only a solution of I keep 5G prices, which seems fair. I still have your NBN modem etc, however I cannot understanbd why it affects my mobile  too, even when I walk around my neighbourhood. I am close to the 5G tower and always had excellent speeds before the issue occured Monday last week. 

Please suggest a solution.

Thank you