TPG Community

Get online support

5G connection keeps dropping - wireless is working but no data/no internet

saorin
Level 2

Hi Support team,

I have been using your 5G Home internet service over one year. Until yesterday morning, it has worked brilliant and most of the time reliable, but since yetsrday morning I had multiple connection dropouts.

Wifi is working with good connection during the issue, while internet connection is lost from time to time. It's not the devices' issue as both my PC and mobile phone lost internet connection when it happened. They were both connected with Wifi, but they said 'No internet connection' or 'No data'.

My modem is only one year old. I bought the modem (Sagemcom Fast 5866T) from you one year ago.

I called your support team yesterday. They advised me to restart and rest the modem, and move the modem close to one of windows. So I followed the advices. It fixed the issue but after a while the same issue happened again and again last night. For example, after 10pm last night, the internet connection kept droped out every 15 mins. so I gave up. This morning I restarted the modem and it has worked so far. 

To me it may be the network issue or modem? 

Please can you advise me how to stabalise the connection. Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @saorin,

Let us help check the network and see if there is an ongoing issue affecting the service. Could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial assessment and understand the situation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi Support team,

I have been using your 5G Home internet service over one year. Until yesterday morning, it has worked brilliant and most of the time reliable, but since yetsrday morning I had multiple connection dropouts.

Wifi is working with good connection during the issue, while internet connection is lost from time to time. It's not the devices' issue as both my PC and mobile phone lost internet connection when it happened. They were both connected with Wifi, but they said 'No internet connection' or 'No data'.

My modem is only one year old. I bought the modem (Sagemcom Fast 5866T) from you one year ago.

I called your support team yesterday. They advised me to restart and rest the modem, and move the modem close to one of windows. So I followed the advices. It fixed the issue but after a while the same issue happened again and again last night. For example, after 10pm last night, the internet connection kept droped out every 15 mins. so I gave up. This morning I restarted the modem and it has worked so far.

To me it may be the network issue or modem?

Please can you advise me how to stabalise the connection. Thank you.