TPG Community

Get online support

5G extremely slow and unreliable

dan57
Level 2

Hi,

I just made the switch from NBN to 5G and am currently in the trial period. I've been testing the speed constantly throughout the last 3 days and 90% of the time I am getting speeds below 4 Mbps (unusable). I have tried moving the modem to various locations in my home (including right next to the window) and getting the same result everywhere. Occassionally the speed will be normal (20 Mbps+) for a very brief amount of time. This is happening over wireless and wired connections.

Could you please advise why this may be happening. I have to decide whether or not to switch back to NBN before the trial ends in a few days.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @dan57

Sounds about you have tried the basic troubleshooting already. We'll have our Tech team to assist and perform further checks along with you. 

Could you please provide us with your Account number via PM

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi,

I just made the switch from NBN to 5G and am currently in the trial period. I've been testing the speed constantly throughout the last 3 days and 90% of the time I am getting speeds below 4 Mbps (unusable). I have tried moving the modem to various locations in my home (including right next to the window) and getting the same result everywhere. Occassionally the speed will be normal (20 Mbps+) for a very brief amount of time. This is happening over wireless and wired connections.

Could you please advise why this may be happening. I have to decide whether or not to switch back to NBN before the trial ends in a few days.

Thanks