TPG Community

Get online support

5G internet connection keeps dropping

SOLVED Go to solution
Sunnie
Level 3
Hi

I’ve been having problem.with my internet since swapping over to TPG 5G home internet. I have been sent a new modem. The internet works ok since yesterday with maybe 1 drop out. I restarted the modem and it worked fine again. However this morning when we woke up, we lost all internet. I had to restart the modem 2x and it worked fine again. Then we left home and came back about half an hour later with no internet again. I tried restarting the modem but it didn’t work. I had to leave home. Finally around noon when I got back home again I restarted the modem again and shows that it is connected. All worked fine until I went out and came back at 3.30pm with no internet again. Tried restarting the modem 3x but it didn’t work. Help anyone?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Sunnie,

Can we reschedule the call tomorrow between 10-12NN AWST? Please reply to this message to confirm. 

Regards,

Hi Shane

That was my best contact number. I was driving earlier. I will be out again soon. I will be home around 3.30pm AWST

View solution in original post

Sunnie
Level 3
Hi

The connection has been quite stable yesterday and today. I guess right now all is good, crossing my fingers it is going to be stay stable. thanks

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Shane

Hi @Sunnie,

We chased this with our Technical Team and reschedule another call tomorrow. Expect them to contact you between 10-12NN AEDST.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

Hi

I’ve been having problem.with my internet since swapping over to TPG 5G home internet. I have been sent a new modem. The internet works ok since yesterday with maybe 1 drop out. I restarted the modem and it worked fine again. However this morning when we woke up, we lost all internet. I had to restart the modem 2x and it worked fine again. Then we left home and came back about half an hour later with no internet again. I tried restarting the modem but it didn’t work. I had to leave home. Finally around noon when I got back home again I restarted the modem again and shows that it is connected. All worked fine until I went out and came back at 3.30pm with no internet again. Tried restarting the modem 3x but it didn’t work. Help anyone?

Shane

Hi @Sunnie,

Our team tried to call you again this morning but no avail. Could you provide us your best contact number and preferred time via PM?

Regards,

Hi

Sunnie
Level 3
Hi Shane

That was my best contact number. I was driving earlier. I will be out again soon. I will be home around 3.30pm AWST
Shane

Hi @Sunnie,

Can we reschedule the call tomorrow between 10-12NN AWST? Please reply to this message to confirm. 

Regards,

Hi Shane

Sunnie
Level 3
Hi

The connection has been quite stable yesterday and today. I guess right now all is good, crossing my fingers it is going to be stay stable. thanks
BasilDV

Thanks for the update @Sunnie.

Let us know if you need further assistance. Cheers!

BasilDV

carfield
Level 2

I have the same issues which getting very annoying.

It doesn't happen once awhile, but the connection dropped out often within a day, especially today!

Called the helpdesk and they are investigating the issue today but still having the same problem as of now. Is that common for 5G?

Daisy_Dhen

Welcome to TPG Community, @carfield!

Shoot us a PM with your TPG username so we can help check the status of your 5G service. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards, 

Daisy_Dhen

zorawu0102
Level 3

Hi there, I have the same problem since changing to 5G. It drops out during the day often and cut my meetings at work. At night it is really slow that took 20 seconds to load a webpage... Can I get some help please?