TPG Community

Get online support

5G not showing under available networks

mia_lvs
Level 2

When I first got a new router from TPG, we had very poor and unreliable internet connection which was resolved by connecting to the 5G network after a long time on the phone to TPG customer support.  Recently I have had similar internet issues and realised that my desktop computer is connecting to the 2.4G network and the 5G network is not displaying as an available network to connect to.  It is still listed as a known network on my desktop computer and is able to be connected to on other devices without issue. 

I have tried forgetting and re-adding the network without success and I have tried to access 192.168.1.1 to try and look at the settings but every time I try to login, it tells me it is the wrong password and I do not get the option to go back to the login screen to try and enter the default admin/admin user and password combination, I only get the option to re-enter the password and end up locked out for 10min due to excessive login attempts.

What else I can try to get my 5G back as an available network??

1 REPLY 1
david64
Master

Hi @mia_lvs . You can try factory reset on router. Password should revert to default. What model is it?

This will only fix the password issue.

If supplied by TPG, it might configure itself. Even so, you may still have to do it yourself.

Settings are PPPoE, your TPG username (with or without @tpg.com.au), and password.

The other setting is whether to enable VLAN ID=2 or not.

Where is your computer relative to other devices which can connect to the 5G network?

Can these other devices connect to the 5G network at the same location as computer?
Does the 5G signal strength at the computer seem to have decreased?