5g activation

asadrajput
Level 2
Hi
I received a new 5g modem but still not activated. Called and they said it will take 48 hours even though on modem or said that simply plug in at its already activated. Is this normal? Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Shane

Hi @asadrajput ,

Let us help check the status of the 5G home broadband activation, could you flick me a message with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi
I received a new 5g modem but still not activated. Called and they said it will take 48 hours even though on modem or said that simply plug in at its already activated. Is this normal? Thanks

asadrajput
Level 2
Hi Shane
Thanks, just sent.
Cheers
asadrajput
Level 2

Update: So yesterday I was told that it will be 48 hours for activation. Now TPG in private message said that it will take 48 hours from today after 24 hours have already passed. Weird SLAs from TPG, specially when modem starter pack mentioned that it is already activated (it was not) and ready to go!

asadrajput
Level 2

Copied from another user having issues: Yes all sorted now. I was connected 7 days after receiving the modem. They ended up filing a “fake” dispatch where I received a fresh invoice for the modem with tracking number, only the tracking number was the same as the original dispatch. I assume this action triggered the system to recognise the modem has been sent and received. I was connected 3 hours later. I assume you rang up to activate your account?

BasilDV

Hi @asadrajput 

The manual activation has been raised and we will provide you with the updates as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

asadrajput
Level 2
Hi
What perplexes me is that tpg does not have any SLAs attached to the service. Even if they have, they either keep changing them or not honour them.
asadrajput
Level 2

Hi

Do we have an update on this?

cheers

BasilDV

Hi @asadrajput 

There's no update, but will keep an eye on it and will be in touch as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV 

asadrajput
Level 2
After talking to their offshore call centre, apparently tpg is doing a system upgrade and all activations are effected. System is not completing the dispatch recorded and hence they cannot activate. They said they will compensate for internet charges during this time.