TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL service disconnected in my area and NBN HFC delayed leaving me with no option of internet.

fkim1818
Level 2

Hi,

My ADSL2 service was disconnected around February and when i called to find out why, they said that my area was no longer in service as we had to go onto the NBN network. Thats fine, i applied for the NBN but it has been delayed. I have called many times but TPG say they are unable to restore the ADSL service because it is discontinued in my area and they dont know when NBN install will be available again.

And to add to this dismay, TPG have still been charging me all these months for ADSL2 service which they have already disconnected since February.... I am getting no help from TPG on the phone, THey just keep transfering me to different teams and i multiple times i get disconnected in the process of transfer...

Why do you guys terminate an ADSL service when you cant even get NBN replacement installations. SHouldnt you just let users keep the ADSL service UNTIL the NBN is ready?

Please help Smiley Sad

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @fkim1818 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. I am sad to know that you're having issues with the roll out of NBN service and decomissioned ADSL service. To better understand the situation, please shoot me a private msesage with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@fkim1818 wrote:

Hi,

My ADSL2 service was disconnected around February and when i called to find out why, they said that my area was no longer in service as we had to go onto the NBN network. Thats fine, i applied for the NBN but it has been delayed. I have called many times but TPG say they are unable to restore the ADSL service because it is discontinued in my area and they dont know when NBN install will be available again.

And to add to this dismay, TPG have still been charging me all these months for ADSL2 service which they have already disconnected since February.... I am getting no help from TPG on the phone, THey just keep transfering me to different teams and i multiple times i get disconnected in the process of transfer...

Why do you guys terminate an ADSL service when you cant even get NBN replacement installations. SHouldnt you just let users keep the ADSL service UNTIL the NBN is ready?

Please help Smiley Sad