TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ Dropping out constantly, extremely slow downstream/upstream/response when working

maurotyler
Level 2

My ADSL2+ has gotten almost unusable to the point where it feels I'm back in the 90's with my 56K US Robotics waiting 30 seconds for even pages to load.

This started happening after a massive thunderstorm in the area, and the connectivity alternates between disconnected, and extremely slow.

I have tried restarting my TPLINK Archer VR400, connecting via Wireless, Wired or Ethernet over Power, no difference. All connectivity types experience the same.

Posting this took me over 15 minutes due to the disconnections.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @maurotyler,

Welcome to TPG Community.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that you were able to contact our Tech team. The case was escalated to our Engineering team and a TPG technician was requested to check your service. Further updates will be given by them.

For real time support, you may contact them directly using the number here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

maurotyler
Level 2

Hi Basil,

Thank you for the response. A technician came, managed wiring, and was able to increase speed from 3Mbit/s download and 0.5Mbit/s upload, to 11MBit/s download and 1Mbit/s upload, which made Internet usable again.

I am now encountering the same issue. Downstream went down to 3Mbit/s, and upstream I can't even measure because all speedtests fail the upload.

Can we please raise this again?

Thank you,

EDIT: Can't upload the picture or the page breaks.

BasilDV

Hi @maurotyler,

Sorry to hear this. I've run some remote test and was not able to detect any fault with the copper network. We'd like to look into it further. I will arrange a call from our Tech team to help us with the investigation and troubleshooting.

May I have your preferred time and best number to be contacted?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

maurotyler
Level 2

Hi Basil,

Thank you for the response.

Attached is a screenshot from the test just now, this is the best the connectivity has been working all day.

Downstream is 530Kb/s, Upstream is 85Kb/s. For Sydney Metro, 10 minutes from CBD, that's extremely low.

I'll send you my details on a separate message.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

BasilDV

Got it @maurotyler.

I'll notify our Tech team to contact you around 6:30 PM today to check your connection further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @maurotyler,

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and the case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation as they weren't able to detect any fault on the copper network.

We can see some improvement on the sync speed that your modem is getting which is a good sign. Further updates will be given by them once available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV