TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ connection slow speed after lightning strike

petertawadros
Level 2

Hi All,

The last lightning storm we had sent a spike through my telephone line and killed my modem. I put the original TPG-supplied netcomm wireless device back on and although I got back online straight away I noticed a drop in connection speed. I figured this was probably due to the wifi network as I have 9-10 devices connecting at any time, so went and bought a Netgear D7800 to replace it. This hasn't helped connection speeds unfortunately, which seem to be around 4-5Mbps. While this is usable, it is about 40-50% of the speed I was getting prior to the storm. Could there be a fault in the line due to damage from the storm? Does anyone have a setup guide I could use to check the settings on the D7800 are optimized?

Thanks,

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @petertawadros

Welcome to the Community! 

I've located your account using your Community details and did some remote line tests. The results detected a line fault that can possibly be the cause of the performance issue. We are yet to conclude the exact cause hence we will need to perform troubleshooting along with you. 

Kindly let us know of your best contact time &  number via private message so we can organise a contact to be made from our Technical Team. 

We'll wait for your response. 

Cheers! 

petertawadros
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G,

Thanks for your reply. I've sent you a PM with details requested.

Cheers

Peter

Ahra_G

Got it, @petertawadros

I have organised a contact to be made tomorrow, 21 February between 7.30 - 8.30PM SYD local time. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out should you have further queries. 

Cheers!