TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ constantly dropping out

bcln1979
Level 2

Hi there,

I have been using TPG ADSL2+ for the last 3 years at the same property, and using the same modem and it has been working fine.

The modem I am using is a TP-Link Archer D9 AC1900.

Just within the last week you will be able to see that I am having frequent drop outs, sometimes within the space of 2-3 minutes, sometimes 10 minutes, it is very random. Seems to be worse in the evenings, but also happens during the daytime.

Can you please check my account? Hoping for a speedy resolution. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
bcln1979
Level 2

Just got the note to say TPG can see the drop outs, and that a Telstra call out has been booked. Thanks!

Shane

Hi @bcln1979,

Welcome to the community!

We are able to locate your account using your community details. We ran an initial test on your service it shows a possible line fault is causing dropouts on your service.

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians yesterday and this issue has been raised to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation.

We will chase this up with them and request a feedback within the day.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @bcln1979,

The line fault causing dropouts to the service has been escalated to Telstra and have told us they have booked a technician to check your TPG service anytime between now and 07/Mar/2019. Your attendance is NOT required'.

We'll keep an eye on this, further updates will be provided by one of our Engineers via SMS or Phone call. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!