TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2 slow speed and dropouts

lukasbj
Level 2

Hi there,

my mother has had tpg adsl2 at her current address for 14 years with no problems, she has been very happy. Recently she has been experiencing several recurring dropouts which mostly seem to happen in the evening hours, but have also occasionally occured during the day. I checked her modem and while she would usually connect at 20mb down, 1mb up being so close to the exchange, she is currently connecting around 8.5mb down, 630kb up. I have run tests including disconnecting all other devices off the phone line, trying different adsl filters/phone cables and also tried a different modem which connected at a similar lower rate as the regular one. After performing these tests I am confident that the problem lies somewhere in the phone line. Are there tests that can be run from tpg's end to help solve this issue?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @lukasbj,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what happened to the connection. I tried to use your community details unfortunately no match.

Kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account) and I will run an initial test on your connection.

In case you need a reference: How to send PM.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @lukasbj,

Thanks for sending me your details.

I will run initial tests on your connection and get back to you as soon as I got the test result.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @lukasbj,

Initial test results shows a possible line fault, I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @lukasbj,

Thanks for sending us your details. I will no longer arrange a call from one of our Technicians this issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation.

Assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided via SMS or phone call by one of our Engineers.

Rest assured feedback will be provided where is possible.

Regards,