TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ speed query

SOLVED Go to solution
solar1714
Level 3

Hi,

I've had my ADSL2+ up for a week or so. With no devices or filter connected other than the modem (the supplied Huawei HG532d) I'm getting about 6 mbps download speed, which I gather is a bit slow. The TPG DSLAM map shows that I'm about ~950m line-of-sight, or ~1600m max. cable distance, from my exchange. Modem info is below. Can the speed be improved?

ADSL_modem.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
solar1714
Level 3

After over two months with this service I just discovered that the second phone that I thought I had disconnected was not disconnected after all. Now it's really disconnected and my speed has jumped from 6.3 to 12.5 mbps.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Shane

Hi @solar1714,

I would love to help. I'd like to know if you have tried to run a speedtest using a desktop/laptop connected via Ethernet Cable?

If yes, kindly post the speedtest result for additional reference. Also feel free to PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account)

Cheers!

solar1714
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Yes, I've run the test at speedtest.telstra.com many times on a laptop with both an ethernet cable and Wifi and I get about the same result every time (6.1 to 6.4 mbps download). Time of day makes no difference (e.g. 4 am). Also with and without a filter+phone, no difference. I'll PM you that info.

Shane

Hi @solar1714,

Thanks for the details. Please leave the modem/router on and I will run initial test on your connection and get back to you as soon as I got the result.

Cheers!

solar1714
Level 3

Were you able to check this?

Shane

Hi @solar1714,

Sorry for delayed response. There is a possible line issue causing your internet to run slow. I'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

Kindly, PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @solar1714,

I arranged one of our Technicians to call you on your given time frame today.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @solar1714,

One of our Technicians tried to contact you using your given contact number earlier unfortunately no avail.

I'd like to know what if you have different contact number to use?

Regards,

solar1714
Level 3

I've checked and the number I gave is definitely the right number. It should have rung and taken a message if I had dipped out for a moment. I'm sorry I don't have another number at present. How about trying again tomorrow? I'll make sure the phone works in the meantime.

EDIT: It turns out the technician rang my home number and left a message. The number I gave wasn't my home number. I'll take it from here. Thanks.

Mc_Gerald

EDIT: It turns out the technician rang my home number and left a message. The number I gave wasn't my home number. I'll take it from here. Thanks.

Hi @solar1714,

No worries, please let me know should you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Mc