TPG Community

Get online support

Apple Mail (Version 14.0) - Authentication Required

SOLVED Go to solution
itsbroken
Level 2

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.38.03 pm.png

New email installation on a new Mac (Big Sur).

TPG email was working perfectly with both sending and recieving emails right up until a few minutes ago where I can still recieve new emails but whenver i try to send anything out I get the attached message "Authentification Required" - i'm super confiused as I haven't changed any settings so I'm unsure as to why this error is suddenly popping up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @itsbroken ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for rasing this to us, we did an article that will help you fix this issue please see the link below.

How to Enable the SMTP Authentication 

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

@itsbroken wrote:

TPG email was working perfectly with both sending and recieving emails right up until a few minutes ago where I can still recieve new emails but whenver i try to send anything out I get the attached message "Authentification Required" - i'm super confiused as I haven't changed any settings so I'm unsure as to why this error is suddenly popping up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @itsbroken ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for rasing this to us, we did an article that will help you fix this issue please see the link below.

How to Enable the SMTP Authentication 

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

@itsbroken wrote:

itsbroken
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Not only did you ignore my late night typo's but you fixed my problem!

You Sir, are a legend!

Thank you! =)

Shane

I am glad to know that the issue was fixed with the help of our Article. Do not hesitate to create a new thread in our community for your future concern, cheers!