TPG Community

Get online support

Archer AC1200 can’t connect to internet

SOLVED Go to solution
KarlB

Hi @

What device are you trying to connect to the internet?

Regards,

Karl

bcasey1940
Level 3
All I’m trying to do is access websites. My Asus desktop which I’ve used for more than 4 years has not had a problem before. It is connected to the internet via the router. All lights in the router are lit as they should be including the Internet light. I am connected to the internet but can’t download web pages because it times out. That’s about all I can tell you I think.
KarlB

Hi @,

If you are using an older desktop computer you may find that it doesn't have a Wi-Fi card install and you will need to connect an Ethernet cable from your Archer AC1200 modem/router to your desktop.

The Ethernet cable will most likely be a bright yellow or blue. Connect to the yellow LAN port on your  Archer AC1200 modem/router and then you should find the same kind of port on the desktop to connect the other end of the cable to.

Regards,

Karl

bcasey1940
Level 3
The router is connected to the desktop by Ethernet cable. Has been connected all the time.
KarlB

Hi @,

Sounds like there might be a setting wrong with your desktop Network card. I recommend if you haven't already done so, to restart your desktop and modem and retest.

I have also requested for one of our Helpdesk staff to give you a callback to continue the troubleshooting, and they will give you a callback later on today.

Regards,

Karl

bcasey1940
Level 3
Hi
Have just successfully downloaded web page. A complete shutdown of desktop and router, a long wait before repowering all seemed to fix things. Thanks for help.
KarlB

Hi

That is great news. I'll delete the callback request.

Regards,

Karl

bcasey1940
Level 3

Thank you, Karl, for your patience with me.  Good TPG support as usual.

Cheers

Bill Casey