TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v connection problem

SOLVED Go to solution
lusho
Level 2

At the same time I subscibed to the NBN I purchased a new computer.  What happens is that when my computer goes to sleep the ethernet connection is effected and although it shows a connection icon in the bottom RH of my screen there is effectively no internet.  The internet will come back on and works perfectly if i reset the modem/router.  Restarting my computer or unplugging the ethernet cable does not fix my problem. 

I have tried another computer using the ethernet connection and it works fine.  Also the wifi works fine at all times (even when there is no ethernet internet).

I rang TPG and they went through their checks and advised that the problem was my end.  I have reloaded windows, looked for updated drivers for my ethernet card and the problem persists.

Today, I plugged in my old modem/router to the ethernet connection from the Archer VR 1600v modem/router and then to my computer.  Using the old modem/router between my computer and the Archer modem/router appears to have fixed the problem.

The motherborard that I am using is a MSI B350M and it uses an onbord Realtex 8111H Gigabit LAN controller.

I believe that I have an interfact conflict between the hardware/software and am not sure where to go from here.  Do you have any advice regarding this matter please? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
orbistat
Level 8

Hope it works out @lusho keep us posted, good luck.

View solution in original post

lusho
Level 2
5 REPLIES 5
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @lusho Sounds like you've done some good work fault finding, I'm guessing you're running Windows 10 on the MSI? I've had similar issues with Realtek chipsets in the past, is there an updated BIOS available for the B350M?

Did you install the LAN drivers from MSI or Windows Update? Try experimenting with a different version from the MSI support site.

lusho
Level 2

Thanks for the reply Orbistat

Went on the MSI website and found an updated LAN driver - will let you know how I go.

By the way, running Windows 10 

lusho
Level 2

The LAN driver seems to have been the problem (but will confirm in a day or so).

Many thanks once again Orbistat

orbistat
Level 8

Hope it works out @lusho keep us posted, good luck.

lusho
Level 2

Thanks Orbistat