TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v internet connection dropping out

Anant
Level 2

All,

I am having the same issue with my TPG NBN. Started on 30th Dec. Can happen at Random manner.

Issue Definitiion : Internet drops erratically at its will. Comes back online after 3 mins - 5 mins

Symptoms :

1.All 4 lights on NBN box are ON. As if nothing has happend. 

2: Internet Light & Phone 1 Lights are off. Sometimes (WAN can be off as well). Network drops 100 %

3. You can recover from this issue by just restarting the NBN box rather than the Modem

4. The issue can also auto recover itself by doing nothing but waiting

5. Whilst waiting, after around 2 mins, the NBN box goes off with blue flashing lights. Comes back on, One light at a time from top to bottom. It seems that it is power cycling itself and gets stable in a min. when it gets stable, a min later. the Internet Light, Phone 1 light (& WAN Light) get back on.

Had several interactions with TPG Telephone support and everytime it gets super escalated to NBN and the response is " Service is stable. No issues found". I sometimes have to pinch myself to reality if I was hallucinating whilst reporting the issue.

Needless to say, the experience with such outages has been very frustrating given i have to reconnect to all sorts of connections that drop off !
1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @Anant 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the notes of our Engineering team.

They've lodged the case to our wholesale provider (NBN Co) and have tested the line, but they weren't able to detect any fault.

We'll chase this with our Engineering team and have someone to call you within the day to provide further details.

BasilDV